PDA

View Full Version : WTF is causing this!!

adams86lxi
11-25-2005, 01:15 AM
ok well this is starting to piss me off alot. Sometimes when i make a hard run or sometimes just crusing around and i go to slow down and put the car in neutral it will stall out compelty. So i go to start it back up and it wont start NO MATTER WHAT!! I can sit there and crank it over tons of times and it wont even sound like its attempting to even come close to starting. BUT if i push start the car it will start up imediatly and will be fine from then on?? WTF is causing this??? I dont get how it will start up right away if i push start it but not if i just try to crank it over!! Anyone have any idea of what is causing this??

FyreDaug
11-25-2005, 12:13 PM
uhhh.... damn man thats kind of wierd, maybe the ignition part of your switch is shorting something else out and not causing everything else to be running (fuel pump etc), but if you push start it, its in the ON and not start, so I dunno. Thats kind of wierd.

A18A
11-25-2005, 02:49 PM
maybe that thing thats between the starter and engine is broken?, is that the fly wheel?

PS: how fast do u hav 2 be going for a push start?

russiankid
11-25-2005, 03:42 PM
sounds like the ignition, when you put it on to the start postition the fuel pump may just run off, but when its on the ON position and you push-start it it turns over and starts because the fuel pump is up nad running, but on the START position it shuts off

adams86lxi
11-28-2005, 04:24 PM
sounds like the ignition, when you put it on to the start postition the fuel pump may just run off, but when its on the ON position and you push-start it it turns over and starts because the fuel pump is up nad running, but on the START position it shuts off

hmm, i dont know, i can here the fuel pump come on when i have the key in the on position. Its really getting anoying though. It stranded me at school today and i had to have my friends push start me to get it running.

Mac
11-28-2005, 05:55 PM
When you try and restart does it turn slow?

It might be a long shot, but check the battery. Make sure that the connections and battery post are clean and cables are tight. Also check where the neg cable is grounded (2 places) is clean and tight.

russiankid
11-28-2005, 06:04 PM
hmm, i dont know, i can here the fuel pump come on when i have the key in the on position. Its really getting anoying though. It stranded me at school today and i had to have my friends push start me to get it running.well if it you can hear it turn on when in the ON position, and you push start it and it runs, and if you put it in the START position, and it doesnt start, then definitly its the ignition

adams86lxi
11-28-2005, 10:01 PM
When you try and restart does it turn slow?

It might be a long shot, but check the battery. Make sure that the connections and battery post are clean and cables are tight. Also check where the neg cable is grounded (2 places) is clean and tight.

no its not the battery because it turns over just fine. The battery is new anyway.

adams86lxi
11-28-2005, 10:03 PM
well if it you can hear it turn on when in the ON position, and you push start it and it runs, and if you put it in the START position, and it doesnt start, then definitly its the ignition

hmm, ok thanks ill look into this. I just dont know where to start lol.

russiankid
11-29-2005, 01:29 PM
hmm, ok thanks ill look into this. I just dont know where to start lol.
try taking the panel off under the steering wheel colum(spell?) sorry for the spelling, and try to get to the ignition, see if any wires are cracked or broken, if not you may have to replace the ignition

POS carb
11-29-2005, 03:21 PM
it sounds like the fuel pump is not getting power while your motor is cranking...

next time it happens try turning the key off-on-off-on-off-on and then try starting it, that should charge the fuel lines with pressure for starting... your fuel relay may be bad