PDA

View Full Version : Hondamino's first (and probably only) autox results

Moodybluesr
11-25-2005, 09:09 PM
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/wcwagner/www/personal/SoloII-Results-Nov-19-2005.pdf

About halfway down you will see the results of the Hondamino running at last weekend's autox event (day1... day 2 I got a flat :P ). Before any of you rules gurus say shit, I know that I can't legally run in STS with this car, but we decided to put her in the class she would be in if it weren't for the body modification just to see how she'd do. Suprisingly well I have to say! The other car in my class was a VR6 GTI Golf (with more than doulbe the HP at the wheels of my old girl) and I was only 1/2 second behind him. The Konis/Tokico/H&R setup with the SEi bars really let her take the corners well and I was able to accelerate through the entire slalom. :rockon: I obviously fell behind accelerating out of the hairpins with my tired old carbed motor but I am still pretty happy with my results and I got alot of compliments on the car form just about everyone who attended.

Forgar_88
11-27-2005, 02:38 PM
Props again for having one of most unique Accords ever... wish i could see it in person though sometime

1ajs
11-27-2005, 10:01 PM
we all wish we could see this 3gee in person ... it actuly looks simlar to a truck honda used to make strangly enuf just not with the pop up head lights lol even had them in a simlar color color lol

nice numbers you got. you should make a custom logo to go on to replace the accord one lol that says HONDAMINO lol

Moodybluesr
11-27-2005, 10:30 PM
She's badgeless (front and back) and I kind of plan on keeping it that way... at least for now. It kind of lends to that "what the hell is it?" mystique that makes people really have to think about what the car used to be (fellow 3geezers know without a second thought but it stumps your average person at the gas station).

1ajs
11-27-2005, 10:39 PM
lol it certanly would lol

anyhow when are you going to post interor pics of the car???

Moodybluesr
11-27-2005, 10:46 PM
Actually I just recovered the armrest with matching material (with a little tailoring help from my mom) so I may grab a few pics of the interior soon. I still have to get around to replacing the dash with a gray one and finishing the rear of the cab (along with the sub/amp installation of course). After that is done I will have an interior worth taking some good pictures of. Most of this will have to wait until after winter is over because I don't have a garage to work in. :hs:

Moodybluesr
11-28-2005, 06:34 PM
Those were on some cheapy ($40 each) 205/50R15 Hankook Ventus HR rubber. They gripped pretty well for how cheap they were, but tires weren't giving anyone much of an advantage on Saturday because it was around 40 degrees out.

88accordhb
11-28-2005, 10:26 PM
damn awesome!