PDA

View Full Version : New Motor Mounts IN!!

RamThis
11-25-2005, 10:42 PM
Well I found a place today that I could go pick up a correct mount from. I got the new front mount bolted down in about 30 minutes. I then got the new rear mount bolted down in about 30 minutes as well. The rear mount was actually easier than the front IMHO. More room to work in, even though I did most of it from under the car and by feel alone.

OMG the rear mount was horrible!! Both legs of the mount were completely broken off at the top horse shoe shaped surface, and both legs were completely smashed down and the engine was basically just setting down on the lower rubber part in the V. The front mount was also completely broken in half, and Im sure allowing the engine to lift in the front when under acceleration. When I was done putting the mounts in, the center rubber snubber was now lined up like it should be, and the engine was raised up about an inch and a half, not laying down on that rubber snubber like it was before the new mounts were installed.

I had previously replaced the LF mount, and the bushings in the strut bar, so now ALL mounts are replaced.

Now, for the even better news, the horrible vibration under acceleration that shook the keys in the ignition loudly, is totally GONE. The car accelerates and holds speed with no vibration, it is SOOOO smooth now. Only time I notice some vibration is in gear at idle, but, I dont think I'll EVER get rid of that due to some saying its just a design flaw and I'll have to live with it. Seems to be reduced somewhat though with the new mounts.

If you have over 150K on your car, I would THOROUGHLY suggest popping in a new set of engine mounts!!!! Even if you dont think it needs them, I'd bet once you unbolted yours youd be surprised at what you find!!

Its a Happy day in my Honda reparing world :rockon:

I will get pics of the broken back mount soon.

FyreDaug
11-25-2005, 11:10 PM
Heh, having decent mounts and a chain holding the motor down works too. Except vibrations are more, and there more to-the-ground torque