PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust loudness?

FyreDaug
11-26-2005, 02:06 PM
So my setup right now is a pacesetter header, into a 2.5" glasspack. Thats it, it ended just before the metal by the gas tank so it vibrates in the car alot, I just picked up another 2.5" glasspack and some piping to finish it off so I have an exit by the rear bumper (which I will be putting on soon).

Will the exhaust overall change a little? It should decrease overall right? And since its exiting behind the car, not half way it should be much quieter inside too I think...:stupid:

A20A1
11-26-2005, 02:50 PM
Well if you have the pipe exit before the end of the bumper, or somewhere under the car the exhaust will resonate with the car body and it will sound louder inside the car.

FyreDaug
11-26-2005, 03:47 PM
Yeah figured, thats what its doing now, will the 2 glasspacks make a difference in tone? Or is 1 pretty much as good as it'll get?

LiTtLe xOx BitT
11-26-2005, 07:20 PM
I dont think a second one will do anything, if you want a different sound then try using a different muffler. And the further back the exhaust ends the quieter it will be inside the car.

Acid X
11-26-2005, 11:23 PM
Skip the glasspack for one. Guh!

I have a 2.5" axle-back exhaust with a 2.5" in/out straight-thru magnaflow and she sounds tuff.. Ask anyone at the meet today. :)

I need to finish off the exhaust myself though. I hate how its only 2.5" as far as the axle.. But that will be done eventually.. I need to get a job first.

mkymonkey
11-27-2005, 08:42 AM
lol this is completly off topic, but cory i just noticed you have a 2.5" muff....hahahahahahahaha muff....

FyreDaug
11-28-2005, 07:12 AM
Well from open header to 1 glasspack made a HUGE difference, if I can get close to 25% of what the first one did with the second I'll be happy. It sounds nice and mean with everything done to it, its just too loud on the inside reverberations.