PDA

View Full Version : Rhinoliner Body Kit

charlesb2003
11-26-2005, 09:11 PM
i just bought an 87 LX-i hatch and the bumpers are kinda scuffed and scratched up... the rest of the paint on the car is perfect... so i had an idea. paint the entire car below the black rubstrips with black rhinoliner. i dunno how this would look, kinda like a 2 tone thing, or more like those SUV's that have the plastic shit down there. anyway, what do you guys think? the car's gray btw.

halxi
11-26-2005, 11:26 PM
probably not the best idea, that stuff weighs a shit ton.

crazykamper
11-26-2005, 11:38 PM
why the hell rhino liner?? just spray it black. lol. waste of money, and weight.

2drSE-i
11-26-2005, 11:47 PM
yea its heavy, but if ur not really caring about weight then go for it, the shits indestructible

ex1z7
11-27-2005, 12:23 AM
I'm going for the two tone in a month or two, I think the rhino lining thing would be a good idea if you drive through lots of rocks and shit everyday and dont want your bumper getting chipped up.. 2drse-i is right, that shit is indestructible..

But it does also weight quite alot.. If you care about adding some weight where the rest of us like taking it out then go for it - if you just want to redo the bumper stuff, paint it black and if you chip it, touch it up with touch up paint and it'll be fine.

Panda paint job = the own =)

Robs89LXi
11-27-2005, 05:31 AM
Is it available in clear?

crazykamper
11-27-2005, 08:50 AM
dude, if you drive where there is lots of rocks and stuff, just go and get a truck, not a poor 3gee, Dont want to be hatin or anything, but if u absolutely need it, go add all the weight you can,

HondaBoy
11-27-2005, 04:12 PM
this guy that used to live here where i do had his entire jeep wrangler painted with rhino liner stuff. did it when it was brand new though so it wouldnt rust. i'd imagine it wouldnt be extremly heavy though, wouldnt add much weight actually as long as your doing the bottom.

blahblahblah
11-27-2005, 06:51 PM
Is it available in clear?
Not usre on clear..It dose come in a lot of different colors tho

A20A1
11-27-2005, 07:30 PM
isn't rhinoliner textured... it will look funny textured... while there is a small portion of the car already painted from factory with black protective coating. I don't see it looking very nice if you paint the whole lower side with it.

charlesb2003
11-29-2005, 09:13 AM
thanks for all the replies... yeah i changed my mind. i've got an LX-i so my bumpers are painted, and i don't want to lose that. i'm just going to re-paint them. besides, the texture would clash with the other black parts on the car. i'm not too worried about the weight, because i'm about to weigh it down with dynamat anyway... but i've got some plans in the not too distant future to handle that weight...

*cough*turbo*cough*