PDA

View Full Version : 92-95 civic radiator!!!

adams86lxi
11-27-2005, 01:45 PM
Ok i have a question maybe some of you have tried this. Do the 92-95 civic radiators fit easily in place of the accord ones??? I need a new one and i want to get a nice aluminum one but clear up some space and run a half size one. Will the sensors all plug in and will the hoses all line up or are they the same size?? And dont try to convince me to get a full size one because the half sized one wont be able to keep it cool because my friend runs a cheap ass half size with 600+whp on a cr-vtec setup and it NEVER overheats.

jigga89SEi
11-27-2005, 06:13 PM
I don't know about the plugs... But I'm sure some mounts can be fab'd to make it fit... I've already planned on doing this when I go turbo... Cause I'm using a starion intercooler that enters/exits on the same side... I don't see cooling as an issue... just makin it stay in place...

A20A1
11-27-2005, 06:26 PM
I think they are taller then our radiator, therefore you need to make a mount lower, or somehow tilt the radiator, in any case you'll probably be modding the upper or lower radiator support.

I dunno for sure though.

Accordtheory
11-27-2005, 07:54 PM
I do know, I have a civic radiator. just search, there is a pic of my setup floating around somewhere..
basically the radiator is taller, and no, the fan switch doesn't plug into it. I just welded a nut onto a section of tubing (actually electrical conduit from hardware store) that I put inline with the lower radiator hose, and screwed the fan switch into that. The bottom mounts are kind of a pain in the ass to do, they sit lower than the stock ones if you want to have clearance for your hood, and you have to be careful to not hit them on anything, especially if your car is lowered.

adams86lxi
11-27-2005, 10:06 PM
ok cool! Thanks for the info guys. But will the regular accord coolant hoses work with it?? For somereason im thinking the civic ones are slightly skinnier or something??

Accordtheory
11-28-2005, 04:27 PM
my hoses fit fine. Here is the old thread that I had in mind..http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=45473&highlight=civic+radiator

adams86lxi
11-29-2005, 11:23 PM
my hoses fit fine. Here is the old thread that I had in mind..http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=45473&highlight=civic+radiator

alright cool thanks for the info bro.

speedpenguin
11-30-2005, 03:23 PM
maybe there should be a how-to for this?