PDA

View Full Version : Spark Plugs

FyreDaug
11-28-2005, 07:52 AM
Well the plugs I had in my car for about 10000km were NGK Platinums, didnt have a problem with them, but I was having some ignition trouble, so I went and bought some NGK V-power's to replace them.

The gap on the platinums was the size of a canadian quarter and the gap on the new v-powers went up to the size of 2 canadian dimes.

Yes I'm aware I do things the red-neck/ghetto way, but who cares, its probably faster than yours! :D jk

Since I'm still running dual coils and stock wires I figured there would be a performance hit with using such a high gap (probably close to 0.080 I think, they look pretty big) but if anything it idles better and has more throttle response. Probably due to the duals increasing power.

It seems to be running great, I was having some problems before with it hesitating, but apparantly all it needed was to be advanced some more because of the cold. Waaay better.

What would be more likely to take all the voltage of the dual coils? The plats were in for 10000km on the duals, and I just threw the copper ones in. Once Ian gets up if I can finally see him I'll steal his cam and shoot pics of what they look like now.

I also suppose, if anyone wants these plats, pay for shipping and ill send em to ya