PDA

View Full Version : Racing seats?

FyreDaug
11-28-2005, 08:10 AM
Alright I was looking online for some suede seats, and came upon these ones: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8727570476&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:US:1. 145US shipping to canada

They are decently priced compared to others, however, I noticed one of the pictures shows that its an APC seat.

And APC seats go for 250 each locally, but http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/APC-RACING-SEAT-W-SLIDERS-BLACK-BLACK-ADJUSTABLE-SEATS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33701QQitemZ80180 49945QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW they are like 70 bucks each.

Whats the deal with the suede ones costing more? I just want some bucket seats for cheap, so the APC ones are fine with me, are they charging so much more because they are suede covered? Are they just covers or did they actually remove the whole cloth piece and put a new one on?

I was damn near close to buying those suede ones (waiting on paypal funds) but then I went searching for generic APC seats and they are 70 bucks!

What do you figure I should do? My back is killing me driving my car 10hours a day all the time and bucket seats will surely help conform my back. I like the feel of these racing bucket type seats. Since the first ones are APC aswell, should I just go for the cheaper ones? :rice:

HondaBoy
11-28-2005, 03:47 PM
i dunno. i've sat in some APC seats and they were hard as shit. the prelude seats i put in my 3gee are much more supportive than the accord seats. they have lumbar and side bolster adjustments. they were direct fit to my accord sliders. cost me $25 for the front pair. as for what you want, i dont really know. most times you do get what you pay for. from the aftermarket seats that i've seen of many different brands, they look so huge in civics and accords. that's why i went with prelude seats.

bucket_man
11-28-2005, 03:49 PM
I'd say they are so much more becuase they are covered with suede. It isnt that cheap to buy and companies consider it a 'luxury' thing so they charge heaps more.
I would get the APC ones, cause they are cheaper, from a reputable brand and in my opinion they would suit our car better.

bobafett
11-28-2005, 04:01 PM
apc seats are uncomfortable as all hell... ihave sat in them, but never driven in a car with them.

dont buy cheap seats, u will regret it. i bought a pair of cheapo seats, and the side boltstering fell off when my friend got in/out lol...

plus i can garantee that stock accord seats are goign to be more comfortable than any 'racing' seat.

although, r32 seats are really comfy.. might just want to get that skyline taken care of, cause those seats are a dream. :D

FyreDaug
11-28-2005, 07:12 PM
A hard seat isnt a bad thing, its more supportive and it should help my back. But hell if they are 60 bucks online, and they sell for 250 each, if I dont like em, ill sell for 150 or something and get my money back.

APC is APC, thats all Ive gotta say I suppose, I havent sat in them, its just the bucket style I want. And its extra points when I sell the car to some dumb kid for the 2500 I want. (I know someone who paid over 7 for a 91 accord, lots of problems, shitty yellow ricer paint and fucked up rims, ,so yes its possible) Canadian ofcourse.

AccordEpicenter
11-28-2005, 08:14 PM
Yeah i sat in the apc seats and they felt hard but somewhat oddly shaped. Youre gonna feel that after a while... Stock accord seats are soft and comfy but offer no support. I cant tell you how many times ive nearly slid off the seat turning corners or getting into big torque steer haha. Hondaboy is right, the lude seats are a much much more supportive seat and are comfy as well. I was planning on getting a pair until i decided to get the Tenzo's

suvsareretarded
11-28-2005, 08:22 PM
I would suggest getting prelude or integra seats. Racing seats not only look like mexi-rice, but they're not very comfortable, and they'd be somewhat histerical in a 3g accord. That'd be like putting a gigantic intercooler on your front bumper without a turbo.

Good thing to keep in mind is that any possible product made or marketed through APC is total utter CRAP and should be avoided at all costs.

FyreDaug
11-28-2005, 08:27 PM
But like I said, a selling feature to a noob. LOTS around here, believe me. If I get my 2500, Ill laugh

ex1z7
11-29-2005, 11:47 AM
You would get $2500 with a bit of work, make it look prettier - paint the calipers and shit like that.. people pay more for much less..

I'm going to again go with my WRX seat sugestion! Comfy and really supportive.. Get the MY98 seats or, well any of them if you can find em.

Shouldn't cost too much.. Check into it.

2drSE-i
11-29-2005, 05:33 PM
im gonna get some lude seats from the JY and maybe get them done in leather, my se-i seats are fading fast

suvsareretarded
11-29-2005, 07:43 PM
Sei's are cool. :)

A20A1
11-29-2005, 11:16 PM
Find someone to add in more bolsters and lumbar support to your old seat and then reupolster them. That way you won't need to worry about brackets and such. Usually you can get a decent price of about $150... I dunno if thats per seat or not.

damckinney
11-30-2005, 03:22 AM
HondaBoy,

What model year did your lude seats come out of. Some of the JY in my area can be pecker heads if you know what I mean.

2drSE-i
11-30-2005, 05:14 AM
wow really? 150 each isnt that much if u think about it

FyreDaug
11-30-2005, 12:15 PM
wow really? 150 each isnt that much if u think about it

Yeah but if you DONT think about it, its alot of money. :lol:

smufguy
11-30-2005, 12:59 PM
When selecting aftermarket seats, you need to go with your hip size for the right fit. If you can dig up old SCC (sports Car Compact) magazine, they listed a whole bunch of seats with the compatable hip size for them. Last thing u want is ur ass dancing around when u turn.

FyreDaug
11-30-2005, 01:25 PM
lol yeah, I think im gonna pick them up for reslae value of the car. Do some touching up, throw that back bumper back on, finish off the exhaust out the back, tint back window (after fixing the breaks in the defrost lines), throw on rear door bumpers, finish the dash and apint the hood white. sold 2500 lol.

Id be happy to get 1500 for the car (still making a profit) but people in saskatoon are so fuckin stupid. Maybe ill say 3000 obo :D

2drSE-i
11-30-2005, 02:02 PM
well 150 for one racing seat is bad ass, and those lude seats are comparable to any racing seat out there.

HondaBoy
11-30-2005, 08:32 PM
i got my prelude seats from an '89. and yeah i know what you mean because most places want at least $75 for a regular accord seat which is bs. i think anything from the 2nd gen up to the '91 preludes will attach to the accord seat brakets. not sure on how early, but its definately the 3rd gen preludes seats that'll fit without moding brakets.

FyreDaug
12-01-2005, 12:28 PM
I was at the junker yesterday and I sat in a 3g prelude (87), yeah they are better than my seats, but still not what I wanted

guaynabo89
12-02-2005, 10:30 AM
As far as aftermarket seats go there are a couple of brands you want to stay away from if you like comfortable chair that your not going to haave to throw out in a year or two cause all you feel is the steel tubes when you sit down.

The two worst brands are APC and 3A racing. I tested alot of different brands including sparco, corbeau, DAD, cheap no name brands, and a couple more I cant remember. Top of the line without a doubt is Sparco. Seats are definately worth the money. Only thing with me is I wanted mine upholstered in colors I wanted so I wasnt going to pay 1200 for two seats just to get them reupholstered. As far as the other brands Like corbeau, DAD,etc I found out the quality was very good in all. Differences in material was where the diff in prices came about. Suede seats cost almost 500 while twead seat cost like 300. Meanwhile the foam inside the seats was nice and hard and were well built frames with good reclining.

If your going to buy seats stay away from those two brands I mentioned and the no name seats and you should be alright as far as comfort and quality.

ANd like someone mentioned before take time to sit in them because seats do come different sizes. I found the same model seats from certain companies were available in either a slim or wide version. Keep and eye out for measurements and if you can help it do not buy seats you havent sat in. You might wind up regretting it.

FyreDaug
12-02-2005, 12:03 PM
Yeah but like I mentioned its mostly for resale value, I just need something bucket-like so I dont keep wrecking my back, ill buy em and see, if I dont like em, they sell for alot more around here than I paid...