PDA

View Full Version : tweets in rear panels (coupe)

crazykamper
11-28-2005, 06:26 PM
has anybody ever done this before, i was thinkin about puttin some tweets in the back where the rear side panels are, my sis has it in her 02 323ci (harmon kardon) , and they help sound out in the back seat, sound real nice too, i was thinking that might be something that is sorda easy, and helps sound....

suvsareretarded
11-28-2005, 08:18 PM
It would mess up the sound in front. The back should be where the low end comes from. Tweeters should be up front, otherwise the sound will get all muddled and interfere with each other since they're not the same distance from your ears.

crazykamper
11-28-2005, 08:25 PM
in my sis's 3series, they have a button by the shifter when dsc is, and it has a little sound button, if you turn it on, the rear tweets go on, (if they really are tweets) and it sounds SOOOO much better..... just a question, i would put in some speakers back there, but it would look like crap, and it would probably be a pain to install.

suvsareretarded
11-28-2005, 08:39 PM
Again, avoid it. It'll sound muddier. If anything get 3 way speakers and they'll have plenty of high end. Personally, I would only install woofers or 2 way speakers in the back, and try to keep the high frequencies up front.

mkymonkey
11-28-2005, 08:43 PM
plus.....why make the passengers enjoy the ride? you want them to hate it so they get the f out. lol....

passengers = evil....oh and dirty back seat

crazykamper
11-28-2005, 09:20 PM
lol. yeah. i fo sho want less weight. lol. just thinkin of ideas. ok. thats kool. thanks guys! im not much of a sound person, all i care about is if it sounds good....

TheWatcher
11-29-2005, 12:20 AM
plus.....why make the passengers enjoy the ride? you want them to hate it so they get the f out. lol....
passengers = evil....oh and dirty back seat
:lol:

True dat, who care about the people in the back.

Peace.

HondaBoy
12-07-2005, 04:34 PM
im gonna have to put some old blankets in the back so people dont wanna ride. hmm, maybe they'll end up getting comfortable? i hate giving rides to people without cars because they always expect you to give a ride. as for the tweeters, the ones in my friends jetta are nicely placed. they are right infront of the door handles. looks good because you cant see em but you can hear them. i have 4 way speakers in the rear deck. there is no need for tweeters to go along with them, although i'd like to get a matching pair for the front doors soon.

TheSummoner101
12-18-2005, 09:14 AM
i have 2way coxaxials in my car now, and sounds hella nice! i'm gonna soon put tweeters up by the front side mirrors just to make it a lil better! u should do that...cuz the sound waves do travel throughout the car, ur car's small so if you have it loud enough it'll be heard in the back :)

just my 0.02 cents