PDA

View Full Version : kick panel pics

Strugglebucket
11-28-2005, 07:09 PM
does anybody have pictures of kick panel enclosures they've made? specifically, people with 5-speeds.

crazykamper
11-28-2005, 08:24 PM
i was just thinkin of some, while i was looking at kickpanels for my bro's truck....

crazykamper
12-14-2005, 06:47 PM
does anybody have kickpanel speakers?? theres really no need for em, just an accesory either way... but on a truck it would be nice, scince there are only 2 in there...

Strugglebucket
12-14-2005, 07:25 PM
i used to have some homemade ones, no pics though. there is a big need for them if you're at all into car audio.
when i had mine i had the dead pedal removed. now that my car's a 5-speed, i need the dead pedal because that's where my left foot lives. i was wondering if anyone had placed them in a way that retains it.

blahblahblah
12-14-2005, 09:16 PM
I made some for the doors...There for 6-1/2 with a real magnet..I cant find any good speakers that fit..So I try to glass somthing..I will get pics in a fuw...

halxi
12-14-2005, 10:37 PM
i used to have some homemade ones, no pics though. there is a big need for them if you're at all into car audio.
when i had mine i had the dead pedal removed. now that my car's a 5-speed, i need the dead pedal because that's where my left foot lives. i was wondering if anyone had placed them in a way that retains it.

sorry kind of off topic, but to me it should be the other way around.

Unless im on the highway in 5th gear for an extended period of time, my left foot is always about 1cm off the clutch pedal.

but anyway, i always thought kick panels would be a pain in the ass in our cars... im always kicking that plate right there, i couldnt imagine having a speaker there.

b8er
12-15-2005, 04:47 PM
iv aleays thought about putting 2 speakers right under the radio area, basicly one speaker facing towards the drivers side of the car right next to your right leg and another one oppostie, facing the left leg of the passanger

2drSE-i
12-15-2005, 06:35 PM
thta wud actually be really cool, almost direcly facing the door panel speakers.

lostforawhile
12-15-2005, 06:42 PM
this would work because you don't put a full sized speaker there,you only run a small midrange and tweeter there. you set up your door speakers to only run midbass. I ran one like this on my 81 civic(one of them) and it worked great,never got in the way. it was a lot smaller then this car too. this is the idea location for setting up your soundstage, it helps offset the effect of having the passenger side speaker face yu directly. what I had used were pioneer plate speakers, they had a three inch midrange and a one inch tweeter,and were mounted on a flat plate for mounting. i mounted this plate to a fiberglass enclosure mounted to the kickpanels.

blahblahblah
12-15-2005, 08:08 PM
got some pic of my door pods...I still need to paint or cover them
http://www.geocities.com/poisonfaygo/HPIM0098.txt
http://www.geocities.com/poisonfaygo/HPIM0099.txt
hard to see..But I tred to keep the stock shape some
http://www.geocities.com/poisonfaygo/HPIM0101.txt
Here whats left to fit in the door
http://www.geocities.com/poisonfaygo/HPIM0103.txt
heres what it looks like with a grill and speaker..
http://www.geocities.com/poisonfaygo/HPIM0105.txt

BITESIZE
12-15-2005, 08:13 PM
Those look good man!

kaltenacht
12-16-2005, 09:31 PM
I like them, but how are you going to fix them to the door panel?

lostforawhile
12-18-2005, 02:21 PM
superglue!!:)

BITESIZE
12-18-2005, 02:41 PM
You should make some tabs for them to connect to the door panel, then wire them on from the rear of the door panel. Don't use glue you'll regret it.

Make some for me dude!

HondaBoy
12-18-2005, 04:16 PM
i was thinking about trying to make something like that with the shell of the speaker cover on the front doors. because you know how well a big magnet fits in there. i was going to work on making them to fit 6x9 speakers though because i have rear speaker mount things left from a while back. dunno how i'd make it all work.

lostforawhile
12-18-2005, 05:13 PM
You should make some tabs for them to connect to the door panel, then wire them on from the rear of the door panel. Don't use glue you'll regret it.
Make some for me dude!uh i was kidding about the glue. the original cover screws into the steel on the door, that should work fine with these too i believe.

mkymonkey
12-18-2005, 05:43 PM
yeah youre right tim, but if you look at the pics. he covered the holes...unless he drills them out, i dont think he can attach them through there

blahblahblah
12-18-2005, 05:52 PM
ya...I cant us the holes...and I cant drill them unless I paint them..And I don't want to paint them..I have 3 bars that go from the wood ring that go behind the door and connect to the stock holes..I did it this way for strength..I will get better pic when I get this going again..I have a lot of stuff in this system..I will start a new thread when I start working on it again..

EDIT: And I can make these for other people if thay like..I will need a speaker and a trim ring tho