PDA

View Full Version : Simplicity in Sound

ivanfbi
11-28-2005, 11:04 PM
I just discovered what is a real nice stereo system. Guy had 2 MBQuart 6.5" component speakers in kickpanels, 1 4ch amp, 1cd player and 1 subwoofer. Nothing else. The more speakers you put in the car, the worse sound gets. I was amazed at how CLEAN the sound was. So you should try that tecnique instead of getting 4 6.5 pioneer speakers, 2 12" subwoofers, 2 amps and huge amounts of watts.

http://simplicity.elitecaraudio.org some work of that guy

Vanilla Sky
11-28-2005, 11:15 PM
personally, i go for the 2 channel thing myself. a mid, a midbass, and a tweeter for the front two channels, and just a mid for the rear in a sedan. coupes, hatches, and trucks would all get no rear fill. a single sub is all you ever need, IMO.

if you look at one setup on here, it was built by sabz5150, you will see what a little planning will do. keep in mind that he has a 5.1 DTS system as opposed to the more traditional 2 channel or 2.1 setup.

in my accord, i had the most simple audio system i'd seen for it to sound as good as it did. it was just the mids from my old infinity components with a 6dB/octave lowpass at about 1500 hz, and a pair of boston acoustics coaxials i found in the junkyard for $3. no extra amp or anything. the only real problem the system had was the lack of amplifier headroom. as soon as it was loud enough to be heard with the car running, i was well into clipping. installing a cheap amp would have solved that problem, but the car got parked and i'm not worried about it anymore.

simplicity in sound. i love the concept.

jonrichert
11-28-2005, 11:23 PM
the only thing that annoys me about that is how the guy sets up the front stages where my feet go!:thumbdn:
i like the concept tho, i'm all about having the least amount of ghetto-wiring in my car as possible.

ivanfbi
11-28-2005, 11:28 PM
well, i sat in a car with them, and it isn't what it looks like, it doesn't make you sit uncomfortably, I was sitting with comfort in a volvo with 5 speed, and the box never got in the way, so you get used to it EXTREMELY fast. But its the only way to get a real good and clean front stage sound.

Hash_man_Se_i
11-28-2005, 11:40 PM
I like that guys philosophy *(sp)... I've almost got all my stuff waiting for spring, focal front components, and one focal 11" sub. Each with their own amp... I see no point to rear fill. Certain vehicles it's nice, but 90% dont need it.

suvsareretarded
11-29-2005, 09:57 AM
I just discovered what is a real nice stereo system. Guy had 2 MBQuart 6.5" component speakers in kickpanels, 1 4ch amp, 1cd player and 1 subwoofer. Nothing else. The more speakers you put in the car, the worse sound gets. I was amazed at how CLEAN the sound was. So you should try that tecnique instead of getting 4 6.5 pioneer speakers, 2 12" subwoofers, 2 amps and huge amounts of watts.
http://simplicity.elitecaraudio.org some work of that guy

Yep.