PDA

View Full Version : removing dash

Neuspeed87lx
08-17-2002, 11:19 AM
ok i decided to do some work on the interior of my 3g ...i removed basicly everything from the interior.....seats, doors, carpet ....everything ....the only thing i cant get out if the dash board...i removed ALL the bolts holding it in ....and disconnected the wires the needed to be...it moves around but i think the steering wheel is in the way....is there any way to get it out with out takin the steering wheel off? if not how do i remove the wheel? thanks

Neuspeed87lx
08-17-2002, 12:53 PM
nevermind i got it out ....i had to take the steering wheel off....oh well here is a pic ....its kind of a mess now

http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/wheelsway/2/0cc60200.gif

88 Accord DX
08-17-2002, 01:54 PM
your a brave man. if i was gonna do somthing like that i would work on it each piece at a time.

Neuspeed87lx
08-17-2002, 02:01 PM
haha thanks ...i just finished painting everything ....the dash is all white and all the covers and and stuff like the glovebox are a dark blueish color i think its gona look real nice after i put it back in ...after that im gona take the insides of the doors out and paint all those ...then the shnit in the trunk ....uggh so much work..i gota do something with the seats too so they match ....ll post pics as i move along

TeKKnoTeKK
08-17-2002, 03:02 PM
I think when I do my interior I am gonna go with tweed.....I tried painting a few pieces but I just wasn't happy with the results. Let us know how it looks when you are done.

hondaaccord_86
08-19-2002, 03:13 PM
well for everyone here, hope i can give you some ideas of what it could/will/may look like:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/edward_52

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/hondaaccord_86

hondaaccord_86
08-19-2002, 03:14 PM
when i took out the dash i didnt need to completely take off the steering wheel, but it did need to be lowered down. Neuspeed87lx cant wait for the pics.

SQ is the SQUAD
08-20-2002, 12:25 PM
yeah, i just lowered mine

toastyghost
08-20-2002, 06:34 PM
I guess it's too late now but if you're using vinyl paint make sure you lightly sand everything and use "plastic prep" or some kind of chemical solvent to clean it so it goes on evenly. My door panels are a little rough and then I did the above things to my dash and the consistency was a lot better. It looks basically the same but I have a feeling the dash is going to last longer before it needs touchups.

Neuspeed87lx
08-20-2002, 06:44 PM
nope it came out nice and smooth ...i cleaned the pieces real good first then primed them .....then painted with very light coats....i put it all back in and it looks nice.. ill post some pics later

Type R Accord
08-27-2002, 11:13 PM
DOOOD!!!! HELPPP!!!!....im having the same problem...how do remove the freakkking dashhh man.....i have an 87 accord DX and i removed all that shit...and i still cant get the dam thing out???? ok then...how do you remove your steering wheEL???...oh yeah....ummm...ur car may be an automatic door lock.....but u know that plastic cover behind it???/theres no screw...and i was wondering how u paint that....well anyways...good job with the paint job...nice color...imma do mine white too....:)

anchovies
08-28-2002, 12:23 PM
Type R Accord: for the steering wheel, remove the 4 screws at the back, remove the horn cover, remove the cruise control and horn sockets
then use 19mm (17mm??) (lugnut socket will work) to remove the nut

hope that helps

Neuspeed87lx
08-28-2002, 05:03 PM
i got it all back in and it looks reaaaal good...ill post pics tomorrow