PDA

View Full Version : shiftknob fitment

89l_x_i
12-01-2005, 10:48 AM
hey everybody im new here and this is my first post. has anyone seen the spoon sports black shift knob? anyways my question is, will this shift knob fit in my 89 lxi 5 speed? on all the sites ive found that shift knob it says "will fit most honda and acura cars" which im assuming only inludes civics and integras. has anyone seeing this shift knob in a 3rd gen? or anyone in here have it in one of their cars? also im very interested in putting some amber colored jdm side markers in my car, anyone know of any companies that sell them or can i go with a universal honda side marker (sinde i see them all over the place on honda parts websites) any help will be appreciated. thanks! opps i forgot one thing, im also interested in changing the interior door lights. anyone done this before? just want to know if its possible. thanks!

suvsareretarded
12-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Does spoon make anything for third gen accords? Why would you want to put it in your car then? To answer your question a shift knob is a shift knob is a shift knob, and they usually just attach to the shift by way of a set screw.

Cheeseburger
12-01-2005, 11:56 AM
it should fit

wprocomp
12-01-2005, 02:09 PM
Just because spoon dosent make anything for our cars dosent mean he cant use it,spoon calipers will fit our car,yes with some work they will but then you hav something spoon on your car dont you:welcome:

azazel_18_2
12-01-2005, 02:33 PM
It should work. I have an 89 Accord LXi and a 98 Civic Ex. I pulled my type r shift knob off my civic and it fit perfectly on my 89 accord shifter. Now the shifters are different but the knobs have the same threads. Any Honda thread on shift knob up to 2000 will fit your car.