PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

l3aLLa
12-01-2005, 03:58 PM
I have givin it much thought and have decided to do an engine swap. Im not that smart when it comes to choosing an engine. Ive been around cars all my life so dont ask why i dont lol. What choices do I have for engines
1986 Honda Accord LXI Hatchback
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6527/picture0256vp.jpg

I have a price range of around 3 grand to spend including a tranny swap obviously since i am with an automatic. Once I decided on a swap I will get it done along with installing the intercooler and Turbo, Photos soon on those. I will of course keep this engine in my pops shop since it only has 31,785 Miles! My friend who I work with at my pops shop is going to do the swap for me while i go ahead and put on my new rodars and springs. I am going to drop it about an 1" 1/4. LOTS OF PICS SOON. Just need help deciding which engine to swap and anything else I should do while I have it on the racks.

A20A1
12-01-2005, 06:09 PM
Your best best is to check out the engine swap forum and see what other members are doing, have done.

Not much is available at the moment... the engine mounts for the B16 swap went out of production.

Or you could turbo the A20.

suvsareretarded
12-01-2005, 07:31 PM
... well, I don't think 3 grand is going to get you a new engine, transmission, 5 spd conversion, turbo, and 'rodars' whatever they are.... but g'luck. I suggest the search function.... but in my opinion the coolest engine swap would be an H22. Turbos are finicky. NA power with a lot of torque is bulletproof and awesome, especially in an accord. It'd be a complete sleeper. :)

gfrg88
12-01-2005, 08:33 PM
id say for 3 grand you can have a hell of an a20, just rebuild it to handle some good boost and then go around tearing up the streets of Florida :lol:

w00tw00t111
12-01-2005, 09:04 PM
I agree w/ gio. You could have a bulletproof rotating assembly and over bore it a tick and turbo the heck out of it. Proably youre best bet money to horsepower. Plus, it's been documented much better compared to the h22 swaps and the like.