PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question about Oil Filter

Admiral
08-17-2002, 11:52 AM
WHERE IS THE OIL FILTER!!
I CANT FIND IT. Is it in an odd place or am i just stupid? Either way i would appriciate it if someone could clue me in on the location of the oil filter of an 87 Accord H/B.
THanks

doug
08-17-2002, 12:07 PM
underneath the intake manifold/carb. you have to go under the car to change it. fun.

Admiral
08-17-2002, 12:10 PM
THanks Dude
sounds like lots of fun

ACCORD EX
08-17-2002, 12:20 PM
yes it 's under the intake manifold just ubder the pcv valve ! you can reach it from underneath the vehicle ( you may need a filter wrench it's on tight ) when you install the new one make sure you got the old one with it's old gasket so teh new one fits perfect and put some engine oil on the new filter's gasket and tight it on only by your hand ( don't use the wrench ! )
hope this helps ! :)

MIKE

1988starter
08-17-2002, 02:01 PM
I like the fram no slip grip

doug
08-17-2002, 02:28 PM
the fram no slip external grip is a great concept, I've used them and they are easy to handle , only problem is if you go to the various oil filter test pages you'll find that the internals on the fram leave alot to be desired, i.e. i don't know if it's best to be using them.

1988starter
08-17-2002, 02:46 PM
Well I do change every 3k

smufguy
08-17-2002, 06:57 PM
do ppl really mean it when they ask where the oil filter is? cause i sometimes get to read stuff like, "what is that small lever beside my steering column" or " what is that lil switch with a triangle pic behind the ebrake?". hmmmm.......... makes me wonder why and what is going on in this world. so anywayz.

You think changing the oil filter on a 3g is hard. try changing the oil filter on a 89 corolla gts. damn shit is under the HEADER!!!!!! and ur filter wrench (the loop one) will not work. U gotta use the exact fit ratchet thingie. and the damn distributor is not vertical, its not horizontal. but its fucking diagonal!!!!!!!!!! what the hell was wrong with those designers?????

anchovies
08-18-2002, 10:25 PM
smufguy: they probably designed that for a reason won't you think?
for what reasons...eeeehhhh..any engineers around