PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, 3geez.com

ex1z7
12-02-2005, 10:33 PM
Well, I'm still a newbie and I still feel burnt from the flaming of my other thread. Jokes.

I wanted to say thank you, to the 3geez community, for giving me a reason to throw my love into my 3g accord. I had always thought it was more of a weak, useless car, because it wasn't as easily moddable as civic's or integra's..

I had always been a big fan of custom work, especially fabrication and bodywork - and seeing some of the mighty clean examples of accords on this site it makes me all warm and fuzzy thinking about these cubey, wedge shape, pop up headlight, awkward looking honda's.

I never really had any reason of ever liking my honda before - untill joining this site. Now that I've witnessed a community based around these cars, and how much love you guys have for your little wedges, it makes me fill with so many plans for my own - and I've actually started looking for other accords in a more wanted trim (-i and such) Something I've never thought I'd do..

So again, thank you - 3geez - for making me love my honda more, and not feel dirty and wrong for doing it =).

:lol:

-K

Deadhead
12-02-2005, 10:39 PM
Ok... that was sappy... and not all of us love our accords THAT much lol

but it's good to see other people that love their cars and take care of them like they would a baby. Every time i see one, it gives me new hope for my car... until i asses what needs to be done to it at the current time.... which is too much, but that's because i'm a perfectionist w/o money to fully fix it....

Tools cost a bunch ya know?

A20A1
12-02-2005, 11:21 PM
Yeah it's good fun here, and everyonr helps eachother out... in their own way. :)

ex1z7
12-03-2005, 04:43 AM
The tech DIY section, and all the faqs and such help alot, and will help alot when the time comes to throw down newer things.. Hell, everything in my car that would need replacing has been replaced - now it's just time for another engine and trans.. *sigh*.

I know it's sappy ;) But the community around here seems so much more tight-knit then other forums..

Just makes me all.. gooey inside.. In a kinky way =)

mkymonkey
12-03-2005, 09:24 AM
gross ^

Ace
12-03-2005, 09:39 AM
Just makes me all.. gooey inside.. In a kinky way =)
:sad2: um yea :welcome: I think Im goint to:barf:Stay away :werd: Im kind of scared:idea:

JK
Welcome glad you like it Paul

ex1z7
12-03-2005, 02:55 PM
I'm kidding about the kinky gooey feeling lol.. >.> .... <.< ....

Paul..?.... Walker??... :( ouch.

88accordhb
12-03-2005, 03:08 PM
hahaha these guys are just teasing you man. i love my honda too. i cried when my sister hit it. but damn it still runs better and looks sexier than most 18 y/o cars out there. amen to the 3g love.

russiankid
12-04-2005, 02:48 PM
people who oned 3g's, they sell it, they always end up looking for another, once you drive one, your hooked onto 3g

AccordDX86
12-05-2005, 07:15 PM
I agree with the last post. I just found an 88 LX-i which im about to buy, and i'm very excited about it. Hey, who needs anything but cruise control and power locks? I also agee that this forum is much better than other forums. The other forums I've run into, like superhonda, are horrible sites. All the guys are full of themselves, and never want to give help, they'd rather sit around and discuss how much better they are than you. This is a great site.

russiankid
12-06-2005, 03:12 PM
I agree with the last post. I just found an 88 LX-i which im about to buy, and i'm very excited about it. Hey, who needs anything but cruise control and power locks? I also agee that this forum is much better than other forums. The other forums I've run into, like superhonda, are horrible sites. All the guys are full of themselves, and never want to give help, they'd rather sit around and discuss how much better they are than you. This is a great site.
i need power locks and windows, cruise control, a 5-speed, and a/c, if a car has that, i'll drive it

AccordEpicenter
12-06-2005, 03:53 PM

Yeah i agree this is a great site. Im not huge on honda-tech etc... Just here and homemadeturbo.com. And AccordDX86... Im better than you. So there, just admit it :sadwave: haha

bobafett
12-06-2005, 05:43 PM
yeah we need to revive the how-to and faq section. im considering doing some suspension how-to's since i have been working on my damn sway bars for the last few days heheh

AccordEpicenter
12-06-2005, 08:06 PM
let me know how that goes boba

bobafett
12-07-2005, 12:08 AM
well the sway bar install project is done. i could do a write up of how to do that. and then a detailed installation of the ST bars. :)

after the next 2 weeks i will be out of school so i'll have some time and possibly do a write up. :D

ps. we had to get really creative to get the front ST bar to fit. which is strange. :( but we got it in there, and it doesnt hit anything anymore! hehe