PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Fenders

2Fast_Fiero
08-17-2002, 12:33 PM
I'm sure most of you have seen my car, I'm trying to roll the fenders, and I tried following the How To's, but The car is too high up, the tire is too far from the fender, I'm bored and wanted to roll all 4 fenders now so when I drop the car everything will be allready done, If anyone has any sugjestions on how I could roll my fenders, Please speak!

2Fast_Fiero
08-17-2002, 07:53 PM
Ok, thank you all for your responses, you were a big help.

TeKKnoTeKK
08-17-2002, 07:56 PM
anytime bud :flip:

anchovies
08-17-2002, 10:09 PM
use a baseball bat
tuck between inner fender and wheel..then roll your fenders
look for it on the web
forget about it...i got it for you here
http://integra.vtec.net/wheels/rollfender.html

2Fast_Fiero
08-17-2002, 10:37 PM
I said that I did that, I wanted help cus I haven't droped my car yet, I needed something 2 times the size of a bat, what I did was drive one rim in the rear onto a ramp, makeing it do a body bend and causing the tire to get closer to the fender, then I rolled it, I still need to work on it some more, but later. I'm not droping it yet, I just was bored, I need more shit to do.

pimp86LX
08-17-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by MSIAccord_LXi
I said that I did that, I wanted help cus I haven't droped my car yet, I needed something 2 times the size of a bat, what I did was drive one rim in the rear onto a ramp, makeing it do a body bend and causing the tire to get closer to the fender, then I rolled it, I still need to work on it some more, but later. I'm not droping it yet, I just was bored, I need more shit to do.

use 2 bats

2Fast_Fiero
08-17-2002, 10:48 PM
No No NO, what I meant was that my car is soo high up, that the bat I was using was too thin to do anything to the fenders, I'll take pics of what I'm talking about tomorow.

pimp86LX
08-17-2002, 11:21 PM
i know man, i was just messin with ya

TeKKnoTeKK
08-18-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by pimp86LX
i know man, i was just messin with ya

lol

carotman
08-18-2002, 01:14 PM
If it's too high, you don't need to roll the fenders yet

Wait until it's dropped or you won't be able do do it.

Jims 86LXI HB
08-18-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by carotman
If it's too high, you don't need to roll the fenders yet

Wait until it's dropped or you won't be able do do it.

If he's running the wrong offset on his rims, he will be rubbing the rear fenders with out being dropped. It had that personely happen to me and the car wasn't lowered yet. I might have been able to solve the problem my getting tires that were not as tall, but I ended up getting different rims so, problem solved.

2Fast_Fiero
08-18-2002, 06:25 PM
I only did it cus I was bored, ya know, check off one of the things I wanted to do to it, Cus I'm gonna drop it asap and put 17" rims on it with some 40 series tires, BTW, I think I'm gonna run the same rims I have on it, so I might be selling these rims and tires.

Jims 86LXI HB
08-18-2002, 08:00 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: If you get the correct offset and tire size 205/40-17 you won't need to roll the fenders, even when lowered.

2Fast_Fiero
08-19-2002, 11:52 AM
Well, I'm getting the same offset on the 17" rims, they are gonna be the same, just one inch bigger, and they will have the 40 series tires instead of the 45's, so once I drop it 2"s It might have a problem with hittin the fenders, I'm not done rolling them, I just did them enough for now, cus I was bored out of my mind!

Jims 86LXI HB
08-19-2002, 12:53 PM
Well, I'm getting the same offset on the 17" rims, they are gonna be the same, just one inch bigger, and they will have the 40 series tires instead of the 45's, so once I drop it 2"s It might have a problem with hittin the fenders, I'm not done rolling them, I just did them enough for now, cus I was bored out of my mind!

What I'm trying to tell you is that 205/40-17 has the same overall demensions as 205/45-16. It is the next plus size. You may be bored but you really should not need to roll them.

2Fast_Fiero
08-19-2002, 01:25 PM
I know, but what I'm saying is, with the car droped, the fenders will touch the tires, cus of my offset, the exact corner of my tires line up the same as the fenders so with it rolled, it will help when I'm droped, Unless I harden the suspension impresivly. cus I've allready mesured where the car will be when I drop it, and the tires will be a few mm's from the fender, and I also live in new mexico so thats another reason why I should roll my fenders when I drop it, the roads aren't smooth.

markmdz89hatch
08-19-2002, 01:31 PM
hey, so what is the correct offset needed for our cars? I have been running with a cheap set of 15's, but they look damn good, and I know the offset is WAY off on my rims. I know this b/c, well, just look at the pics, and you'll see that it's way off.

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4204

Wheels go right out to the fenders' edge.

pimp86LX
08-19-2002, 01:34 PM
i believe its between 40-42mm

i may be wrong

markmdz89hatch
08-19-2002, 01:37 PM
where's Jimbo... ...I'm sure he's got this hard-coded into his mind. All we need now is for his to find his way back to this thread.....

.....waiting......

markmdz89hatch
08-19-2002, 01:37 PM
j/k

it's all in fun.....

:D

2Fast_Fiero
08-19-2002, 02:30 PM
Yea well dude your offset isn't as bad as mine.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/infiniti4x4/Pictures/4.jpg
Now Imagin that droped to where the top of the tire almost touches the fender.

markmdz89hatch
08-19-2002, 04:37 PM
actually, that's exactly what mine looks like. Except it's that bad with my 15's on. Only thing worse about yours is the wheels kinda bubble out, mine a flat right across the surface from rim to hub.

Jims 86LXI HB
08-19-2002, 04:49 PM
Yea well dude your offset isn't as bad as mine.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/infiniti4x4/Pictures/4.jpg
Now Imagin that droped to where the top of the tire almost touches the fender.

You have to options with offset like that. Get 205/40-16, which is just a little shorter and should give you just enough clerance with rolling the fenders to clear. Or get new rims that have the proper 40-42mm offset (45mm can even work). If you can't bring yourself to those solutions I'll bet money you will never be rub free, even if you roll the fenders.

And if you move to 17" and insist on getting the same, incorrect offset you won't be able to be rub free since you can't go lower than 40's in 17".

I'd advertise the rims for sale to VW owners, they use that kind of offset, 35mm. Sell them and get rims with the correct offset.