PDA

View Full Version : FAQ's error?

ZackieDarko
12-03-2005, 12:51 PM
I was reading in the FAQ the differences between the LX-i and the SE-i and I came accross something that didn't seem right.

It says that the LX-i has power locks? I have an '86 LX-i 5spd HB and I don't have power locks.

Was this info a typo or is my car just not special?

Ace
12-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Every lx-i I have saw has power locks and I have seen alot in the bone yard Think you're just special

86AccordLxi
12-03-2005, 01:22 PM
I don't think the hatches have power locks but the other 2 body styles do.

Alex

Ace
12-03-2005, 01:39 PM
Really thats strange but you now what I think you're right now that I think of it. I really dont rember seeing a hatch with power locks good point

lostforawhile
12-03-2005, 04:04 PM
the hatches don't have them,the solonoids will attach directly to the door latch mechanism,like other two doors but the actuators won't fit inside of the doors. I've already tried,the inside of the hatch door is more narrow as far as depth for some reason. try summit they have a set of actuators from electric life that attach to the lock rods, they are the same actuators that are used on some oem equipment cars. the kit has everything needed to convert to power door locks.

Robs89LXi
12-03-2005, 09:07 PM
The LXi Coupes do not have power locks either. I think it is just the sedans that have them.

gfrg88
12-03-2005, 09:51 PM
yeah mines a coupe and it doesnt have any either....

lostforawhile
12-04-2005, 06:55 AM
I looked at a set of prelude doors from the mid eighties once they had power door locks and the narrow doors they might fit

Robs89LXi
12-04-2005, 09:57 AM
Now that is interesting. Too bad they don't have the same interior color as my Accord (Red). Good observation though.

DBMaster
12-04-2005, 12:37 PM
True. Honda apparently thought that we "lazy Americans" did not need power locks on a two door car. That was changed in 1990, though.

What happens to me every time I have a passenger is that I have to remind them to lock the door. Everybody is so accustomed to remote power locks these days...

NXRacer
12-04-2005, 12:41 PM
hatchback racer put door actuaters in his hatchback and they work great from what i saw a few months ago. . .

somebody correct me if i'm wrong, but i think the SEi coupe had power locks, but non of the other 2 door models came with power locks.

mkymonkey
12-04-2005, 01:48 PM
well i can vouch for the power locks not being in the 2 door models, i have towed a couple, of course they picked them up, but i looked and i could not see any power locks...oh did i forget to mention that my 2 door does not have any either. i asked my car audio and alarm guy if he could put some in and he said yeah, but he had to get the smaller ones to fit. so once he gets them in ill have power locks. i think PAC makes them. you know that company that makes relays and stuff.

gfrg88
12-04-2005, 04:01 PM
oh i forgot to mention, that my driver door does have power lock, when i activate the alarm it locks and when i dissactivate it it unlocks, but the pass. side doesnt work this way