PDA

View Full Version : my engine??

justin79
12-04-2005, 12:34 PM
so im now in the area of my engine and what to do with it, rebuild or buy a new one for it? so my question would be what could i replace it with what are my options as i would like to have a good engine without having to put turbo on it, so im wondering what model # should i be looking for and what other models of hondas fit our car? ive been looking but i see b16a, f22, a20a3, but thats not much info for me so if theres a guide or something to point me out in the right direction as im very pumped to get this awsome car on the road, il post pics of it soon enough, so thanks for your time and input!

b8er
12-04-2005, 02:17 PM
well il save you some flamage and tell you right away that the only motor thats gonna fit without custom motor mounts is a a20 motor be it a20a1/a2/a3/a4, other then that your kinda own your own, i would say cheapest way is gonna be build up a good N/A motor, but my choice would be build a turbo cause thats what im doing, ahaha, i think what you wanna do first is figure out what you want outta the car, do you wanna make 250hp, do you wanna rev to 9,000, etc. figure out what yuo wanna do then ask for ppls opionos on what which would be the best way to achive your goal

menace01
01-09-2006, 05:18 AM
well im a newbie and for the past few months all i have been doing is searching and ive come to the conclusion that the best way to go is the cast-iron way and that motor would be the a20 but your not trying to turbo and i also discovered that they dont make motor mounts for swaps for our cars any more so the only advice i can give is build your current motor or use your search icon more&more.