PDA

View Full Version : Air compressor....

Deadhead
12-04-2005, 03:17 PM
Hey guys, just though i'd post up this question..

I want to get an air compressor that will be able to power an impact hammer as well as an air brush.

What kind of specs on the compressor are needed? What price range am i looking at?

HondaBoy
12-04-2005, 03:29 PM
well it really depends on the air hammer your wanting to get. if you can pick out one on Sears.com, you can check the minimum PSI rating and check compressors from there. that's how i easily found things that could go together. hopefully that'll help. the air hammers i've found are generally operating about 90 psi.

AccordEpicenter
12-04-2005, 06:30 PM
id go at least 125psi for good results.

Deadhead
12-04-2005, 08:21 PM
is PSI all i really need to worry about? What about CFM?

Oldblueaccord
12-05-2005, 07:36 AM
is PSI all i really need to worry about? What about CFM?

No i would worry about CFM. Actually on air tools they call it SCFM. its the volume of air a tool needs to run. Most air compressors of any size run up to 125 psi. Air guns should be regulated to about 80 by there specs. The scfm is all in the size of the tank.

I would look into what the use is gonna be. How much space you have. Voltage requirements etc. Portability is another. I have a 6 hp 60 gal Campbell hausfield. I like it but it be nice to be portable too which it is not. The 60 gallon tank is nice I can run almost any tool full time with no losses except an air blower of course.

wp