PDA

View Full Version : Running Issue

azazel_18_2
12-05-2005, 08:06 AM
I have an issue that I just can't figure out what the deal is. When it starts it idels great. You push the pedal and sometimes it's ok but sometimes it boggs down real bad and dies. I checked the fuel pressure and it is right at 39 psi. The fuel pump screen is clean. I replaced the fuel filter just to be sure. I checked and the injectors are clicking when you put a screw driver on them and put it to your ear. I treid to drive it and it jerked real bad sometimes and other times it would bogg down. All I would have to do is push the clutch in, revv it a little, and pop the clutch and it would be fine till I had to shift again. I checked the timing and it is still in time. I have replaced my cat with a hi flow cat so that can't be clogged. I just cleaned my air filter to see if that would change anything. It's not throwing any codes. SOmeone please help me out here!!!

azazel_18_2
12-05-2005, 08:09 AM
Another thing, it was running great until I went down a very bumpy dirt road. As soon as I got off that road it started running like SHIT!

Kabuki
12-05-2005, 09:40 AM
Have you checked the ignition parts? Cap , rotor, plugs?

azazel_18_2
12-05-2005, 09:51 AM
I just replaced the plugs and wires. I do need to ckeck my cap and rotor. I just replaced the distributor with a used one and didn't have the money to reaplce the cap and rotor. They looked ok but I bet they have never been changed. My old distributor had a bearing going out and the rotor wobbled so much it would actually hit the prongs on the cap and would tear a cap up real quick. I will replace my cap and rotor and see what happens. WIll keep everybody updated.

Kabuki
12-05-2005, 11:46 AM
I just replaced the plugs and wires. I do need to ckeck my cap and rotor. I just replaced the distributor with a used one and didn't have the money to reaplce the cap and rotor. They looked ok but I bet they have never been changed. My old distributor had a bearing going out and the rotor wobbled so much it would actually hit the prongs on the cap and would tear a cap up real quick. I will replace my cap and rotor and see what happens. WIll keep everybody updated.

Why the wires, and with what? Which brand, model of plugs?

azazel_18_2
12-05-2005, 12:05 PM
We were rebuilding it. Wanted to go with new everything. Got my plugs from the Honda Dealer and the wires are Bosch from autozone.

azazel_18_2
12-05-2005, 12:06 PM
The plugs are NGK in a honda box.

azazel_18_2
12-07-2005, 07:49 AM
I checked my ignition components and sure enough the rotor was cracked and had spun a little. Replaced cap and rotor and it runs great again. Thanks!!