PDA

View Full Version : New steering wheel!

guaynabo89
12-05-2005, 03:20 PM
Iv e always wanted a nicer steering wheel for the accord but never really liked any that fit to well. About two years ago MOMO came out with this design and I went and bought it. It was sitting in my house for over a year cause I didnt want to install it without being able to keep my cruise control buttons on the steering wheel.

Well I finally I decided to install and heres how it looks.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid195/p8f7e6a2a358a1b987dc1212c6c672bdd/f12c9486.jpg

Oh and if you pay close attention to this second picture you will notice two black buttons that replace two of the six allen bolts that go through the center cf trim piece.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid195/pffb579c73850d76318fa1eeee513ac13/f12c9462.jpg

Yes those are the set resume buttons for the cruise control.:D

3rdgenhatchDX
12-05-2005, 03:28 PM
nicer or ricer??? J/K ahahha nice wheel!

AccordEpicenter
12-05-2005, 03:31 PM
normally i dont like aftermarket steering wheels, but that is real nice!

frankie89
12-05-2005, 03:33 PM
nice...

b8er
12-05-2005, 03:35 PM
yea thats pimp, i like it alot

TheWatcher
12-05-2005, 03:36 PM
normally i dont like aftermarket steering wheels, but that is real nice!
I actually like aftermarket steering wheels, if they are detachable. Makes it harder for the kronics to steal ur ride. :)

Nice guaynabo89, but I'm guessing the steering wheel is NOT detachable, since you wired up the cruise control. Creative solution to the lack of cruise control buttons.

Peace.

BITESIZE
12-05-2005, 03:40 PM
Loving that car, soon mine shall be that nice!

guaynabo89
12-06-2005, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the positive comments.

It actually feels alot better driving wit it just cause of the ergonomics, and it is slightly smaller in diameter so it takes less turning to get the car to turn.

Yeah the wheel's not detachable. I might look into making a quick release that I can mod though. If someone wants to steal your car and they know what theyre doing it will be stolen, but to the less experienced a missing steering wheel might just be enough to delay or maybe even discourage.

I took pictures of how I modded the hub and wheel so I'll se if I can do a how to for keeping the cruise with an aftermarket wheel.

SteveDX89
12-06-2005, 01:15 PM
Very nice, Dennis. Your car is certainly one of the best.

HostileJava
12-06-2005, 01:33 PM
Fit's nicely, it looks close to the stock, with a bit more refinement.

Busted_Blue
12-06-2005, 01:44 PM
very nice! Retaining cruisecontrol is a feat in its own! Good job!

88accordhb
12-06-2005, 01:56 PM
freakin sex

EricW
12-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Looks Great. I have been thinking about doing something like that to keep the cruise control when I find a wheel I like, I just don't want to go drilling holes in a brand new wheel though. I also want a way to have a quick release w/the cruise control. One of the main reasons i want the quick release is to put the wheel closer to me since i drive with seat all the way back b/c i 6'2".

AccordEpicenter
12-06-2005, 07:52 PM
So wait, that button isnt for NAWWSSZZ? WTH?

superaccord
12-06-2005, 09:12 PM
nice... your interior looks exactly what I had planned on doing.

Cheeseburger
12-06-2005, 11:57 PM
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Hash_man_Se_i
12-07-2005, 02:06 AM

I definately agree on that.

Looks really good, my friend has pretty much the same wheel on his BMW, it feels awesome when you're pushing the car, much better than a stock wheel.

And a How to for making the buttons there would be awesome, seeing as when I throw in an aftermarket wheel i'll already be losing my stereo controls, which I can cope with, but I do quite a bit of highway driving/cruising so cruise control is a must IMO.

This is another idea I have thought about doing, looks pretty factory too.

http://sushiride.tripod.com/images/Cruise%20modification.jpg

1320boy
12-07-2005, 09:39 AM
I want one now:)
fantastic job, especialy keeping the cruze control.
might sound like a dumb q but how do you remember wich is wich.
And can you post some "how to" pics.:rolleyes:

guaynabo89
12-07-2005, 03:44 PM

Thanks Steve

I tprobably just looks better in pictures.:)

I just don't want to go drilling holes in a brand new wheel though..

lol You dont know how it felt taking a drill to a brand new never been installed wheel. I was shaking until I finally finished.

I too think Id like the wheel a little further back so the quick release is something I'll probably do in the future.

Oh and since I'm the one who made the cruise buttons on the wheel I remember. I might put a + - sign on each button.

If you must know the one on the left is set/decelarate and the one on the right is resume/accelarate.:)

crazykamper
12-07-2005, 05:00 PM
so how exactly did you wire the cruise control??? make a how-to. that would be awesome, cause ive been planning on doin the same, but like everybody else, i NEED the cruise control. i use it 50% of the time im drivin...

Pico
09-18-2006, 07:50 PM
Ok I'm bringing up a old post, I want to change my steering wheel and be able to hook up the cruise control.....
guaynabo89 how did you do it and do you have pics.

MessyHonda
09-18-2006, 08:00 PM
Ok I'm bringing up a old post, I want to change my steering wheel and be able to hook up the cruise control.....
guaynabo89 how did you do it and do you have pics.

mr picopop....get a lude steering wheel....didnt you see mine at the meet?....i should snap some pics....but im real mad since my car just got hit right in front of my house....hit and run....:rant:

Pico
09-18-2006, 08:02 PM
mr picopop....
Mr picopop? :huh:
I didnt even notice how much modification did it take to put it on.
And shit how bad did it get damaged

ghettogeddy
09-18-2006, 08:05 PM
mr picopop....get a lude steering wheel....didnt you see mine at the meet?....i should snap some pics....but im real mad since my car just got hit right in front of my house....hit and run....:rant:
your joking right the dx or the lxi

MessyHonda
09-18-2006, 08:17 PM
I didnt even notice how much modification did it take to put it on.
And shit how bad did it get damaged

well it did not take alot to mod...a power sander worked good since you have to shave the back of the steering wheel. it took me like 30 mins to put on...real easy plus everything was plug and play...my Cruise control works. anyways i took my DX to modesto yesterday and when i came back last night i looked at my Lx-i and the rear quarter panel got pushed in....my tail light looks like it pop out a bit....the sucky part is that this happen to my uncle and my dx also....right in front of my house....ppl on this street cant drive for shit.....im going to park it inside from now on...