PDA

View Full Version : So wheres that leak ?

topgungj
08-17-2002, 03:57 PM
So the last few weeks I've notice a fairly large leak somewhere in the engine bay of my 3gee, today I took my car to the car wash
when I get back my car is smoking like thres a fire!! I start tripping out, going WTF.. So I started looking really hard for where the leak could be.. BY GOD it was my power steering pressure cable had a pin sized hole in it under the nylon casing.
So I call up my local Checker Auto Parts askif they might happen to have it in stock, (freeking out thinking like it's gona cost me a fortune) They guy comes back with yea it's 28.00 ohh and we DOO HAVE IT IN STOCK!! I was amazed... Went and picked it up and took me about 2 hours to get it installed due to a rusty connector. Now no more leak and car even runs better now that there isn't a pressure leak in teh power steering. OHH BTW MAKE SURE!!! you only use honda rated power streeing fluid..

Just a small story of todays in's and outs of my 3gee..

TopGunGJ
:rice:

smufguy
08-17-2002, 06:53 PM
pwr steering hose leak has become a common these days. u are the 4th or 5th guy i know who had this problem. damn, i dont know why u spent 30 bucks on that. u could have gone to a local junk/wrecker and got one for under 10 bucks. but you got a reliable one cause its brand new :)

AZmike
08-18-2002, 12:49 AM
That's a good deal. I thought I needed one for a while and the cheapest I could find was $105 (new).

ACCORD EX
08-18-2002, 04:30 AM
PS hoses and A/C hoses are really expensive ! :(

MIKE