PDA

View Full Version : is my transmission slipping?

Maydnaella
08-17-2002, 06:18 PM
For the past couple of days after I got the car back from the mechanics, my car has trouble accelerating. Not good for the freeway!!!! I can floor it and the needle will rise slowly but the car will not really do much and it's as if the next gear isn't catching (have an auto btw). If I take my foot off the gas and then try again it'll kick in sometimes, but sometimes it won't. Any ideas?????

oh and it's still idles weird (less than 1000rpms) sometimes when I turn it on. but my main concern is the accelerating thing.

TeKKnoTeKK
08-17-2002, 06:23 PM
I would choose a different mechanic....I don't trust most mechanics farther than I can throw them (imagine if they are 300 lbs)

YK86
08-17-2002, 06:39 PM
I wouldn't trust that mechanic if it's coming back with other problems. If they did a tranny fluid flush and fill, you should ask if they used genuine Honda ATF. Some of the Honda autos do shift weird when you don't use the genuine stuff.
And on the idle issue, what have you done so far (sorry, I know you posted before about this but I forgot.

hondaisthebest
08-17-2002, 08:51 PM
Yes i know what you are talking about. At what speed this problem occur???
Because after 80Km/h the car will not downshift in 3rd gears when you are on the d4 position its will only switch from overdrive to the 4 gears...
I hate automatic tranny!!!

Maydnaella
08-18-2002, 08:25 AM
the only thing done so far was having a major tune-up and getting the O2 sensors replaced other than brake work. the shifting thing happens at about 30 and again at 60. On occassion it downshifts too.

shepherd79
08-18-2002, 08:34 AM
there is stuff you can putt in your transmission to stop slipping, but i am not sure if it is anygood or good for transmission at all.

YK86
08-18-2002, 10:34 AM
You can do a flush and fill with Honda ATF. I also read Ludeguard ATF additive does miracles for Honda trannies that shift harsh or slip (Consumer Reports and various places online). Another thing is you might need to adjust the tranny throttle cable.