PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Work and Clutch

Lumpskie
12-07-2005, 10:15 AM
I'm planning on digging into my transmission, and replacing my clutch. My synchros are having a little trouble when I shift 1-2, 2-3, 4-3, and 3-2. I'm planning on getting a "ring kit" for $60 from Mantrans.com and a clutch and release bearing from Hondiscountparts.com I looking at a Centerforce Stage 1 kit for $140 and $40 for the release bearing.

Finally...my questions

1. Do you think the ring kit will solve my transmission problems?

2. What do you think of the clutch kit?

Thanks, in advance

Lumpskie

Kabuki
12-07-2005, 11:25 AM
First, a question... What mods have you done to the engine. Also, How do you use this vehicle? If the answers are anything but "Turbo Hardcore mang!" and "Racing DOOD!", then I wouldn't bother buying a performance clutch. The stock clutches can hold guite a bit more power than the A20 engines make, stock. Performance clutches have their places, but daily driven is not one of them. They are a big pain in the ass to drive. I can ship out a kit of all OE stuff from Exedy/Daikin including the release bearing and install tool for $125.
As for your synchros, probably. I really don't have any experience with that website or their brand of parts, but in the case of that problem and new Honda synchros? yeah, that should take care of it. I would also recommend replacement of the bearings and seals , if you are putting that much work in to it. That way, you don't have to go back in later.

Lumpskie
12-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the input.