PDA

View Full Version : wtf, wont turn right??

2drSE-i
12-07-2005, 10:22 PM
well today was the first REALLY cold day here in okc, high of 17 degrees. i get in my car this morning, runs fine, get it to school, go thru 3 hours, go out to my car for lunch. well i start backing out, and the bitch WONT TURN RIGHT. well it would, but by forcing it, and i didnt like doing that. i recently had the power steering rack replaced, as well as the right lower control arm. could there be something wrong.

in addition to this, my steering column vibrates like crazy and makes a wierd buzzing sound, and tonight when it was really cold as well (did the same not turning thing) on my way home from work i noticed a click when i turned the wheel slightly to the right, and then back to the center position. any ideas?

tia guys

frankie89
12-08-2005, 04:45 AM
it happend to me like 3 years ago, my steering rack went bad, and all it wanted to do is turn left. i just took off the power steering belt off and i could still drive...(but without power steering). i've had it like that ever since, i just been lazy to replace it..

AZmike
12-08-2005, 11:08 AM
It sounds like the control valve for your steering rack may be sticking. Try pulling the belt as suggested above. That will help you figure out if it's a mechanical or hydraulic (power steering system) problem.

2drSE-i
12-08-2005, 02:33 PM
it better not be the damn rack.......i just had it replaced that is some bull shit

HondaBoy
12-08-2005, 03:01 PM
well, my PS was bs so i just decided to take the belt off a few days back until i can flush the fluid out and put good kind in. i'm debating on that, i figured i might as well get a work out while driving. no biggie.

2drSE-i
12-08-2005, 09:04 PM
well i let her warm up today, and it didnt do it once :D im just gonna have to take it easy on taking her to lunch

Oldblueaccord
12-09-2005, 12:59 PM
well i let her warm up today, and it didnt do it once :D im just gonna have to take it easy on taking her to lunch

change the fluid when you can. its prolly got water in it and cold temps its acting up, cavitating.

wp

2drSE-i
12-09-2005, 01:47 PM
yea, i need to spend a day or so on my baby, so much stuff to do to her

blahblahblah
12-13-2005, 11:14 PM
if you just had it replaced..Take it back, a say something...maybe it was a falty part...

Bglad420
12-29-2005, 03:20 PM
Yeah what he said...thats bs!:barf:

Cheeseburger
12-29-2005, 03:30 PM
take it back if its a faulty part man...

smufguy
12-29-2005, 03:51 PM
mine does it too, but only if its not warmed up. Once the car is warmed up, the power steering is perfectly fine. My friend's Corrado does the same thing. But he never warms up his car tho.

2drSE-i
12-29-2005, 08:32 PM
i still havent done the PS fluid......i really should, im sure its just water in the fluid, cuz it really does go away really fast. silly me was just in a hurry to beat my highschool traffic