PDA

View Full Version : dirt fuel tank keeps clogging fuel filters

lamontlamont
12-08-2005, 02:27 PM
i have a 87 carb lx that lately has had a clogged fuel filter every few months. i will step on the gas pedal and the car bogs before it moves. i change the fuel filters and it goes away. last time i did it was about two months ago, last weekend my alt belt tensioner seized on me and i had to get towed i think the tow truck having my car up at an angle and riding over rough roads cause the sludge in the gas tank to dislodge and clogg my filters again. i changed the filters yesterday and again the car drives fine... my question is, are there any better quality fuel filters that have a cartridge that i can eaisily change, im tired of taking off my back wheel and getting under the car to change the rear filter near the tank. i would like to use a bayonet type with two screws or some type with a quick change. thanks.

Kabuki
12-08-2005, 03:45 PM
You should try draining the fuel out from the bottom of the tank. You could probably filter the gasoline as it drains out too. Use a paint strainer.

Honda-Master
12-10-2005, 12:15 AM
i have a 87 carb lx that lately has had a clogged fuel filter every few months. i will step on the gas pedal and the car bogs before it moves. i change the fuel filters and it goes away. last time i did it was about two months ago, last weekend my alt belt tensioner seized on me and i had to get towed i think the tow truck having my car up at an angle and riding over rough roads cause the sludge in the gas tank to dislodge and clogg my filters again. i changed the filters yesterday and again the car drives fine... my question is, are there any better quality fuel filters that have a cartridge that i can eaisily change, im tired of taking off my back wheel and getting under the car to change the rear filter near the tank. i would like to use a bayonet type with two screws or some type with a quick change. thanks.
if u suspect a dirty tank, remoce it and clean it properly ..fill it up and put some bg44k in the fuel tank

FyreDaug
12-10-2005, 03:46 PM
bg44k?

Kabuki
12-12-2005, 03:07 PM
if u suspect a dirty tank, remoce it and clean it properly ..fill it up and put some bg44k in the fuel tank
Yeah... way to be descriptive... You mind elaborating on what BG44K is?

HondaBoy
12-12-2005, 03:17 PM
i'm thinking of dropping the tank, but on my datsun. i have that problem of deposits clogging the filter i put before the fuel pump. i probley need to change the one in the engine bay, but i was told its expensive for the FI filter. the carb filters a way cheaper. anyway, i'd say drop the tank. that way you can put gas or whatever to clean the inside by sloshing it around the insides. much easier to do with the tank off the car, plus you get most of the crap out. you can try undoing the drain bolt at the bottom of the tank. maybe try that first, i'm sure you really dont want to take the tank off.

RiCANACCORD
12-12-2005, 03:28 PM
THIS is BG 44k ----> http://www.bgprod.com/ USE THE SEARCH ENGINE GUYS!

HondaBoy
12-12-2005, 03:32 PM
hmm, that company has some interesting products there. thats something i'm gonna check out.

Honda-Master
12-12-2005, 10:50 PM
yo Rica thanks for answering it for me :-) And yes Hondaboy they do have some good stuff ..

Honda-Master
12-12-2005, 10:52 PM
And sorry guys for not giving more of an explanation on the bg44k next time i advice something i will make sure to go into more details ,,,:-) ..