PDA

View Full Version : just a idea

A18A
12-08-2005, 06:23 PM
you no how ppl have those air filter thingies, would it be better if you just take it of and put a piece of cloth of something over the pipe so it feeds more air into the engine? (useless in dusty area) or is that just a shit idea?

Deadhead
12-08-2005, 07:07 PM
something tells me that it would be a shit idea... ghetto air intake with less delivery than a k&N, and probably doesn't filter very well.

Just play it safe, get an oem one or K&N

frankie89
12-08-2005, 07:11 PM
oh come on...stop this.. stick with a oem of at least a crappy filter, but not a cloth..

AccordEpicenter
12-08-2005, 07:15 PM
wouldnt know, i dont run a filter ;P

RiCANACCORD
12-08-2005, 08:30 PM
wouldnt know, i dont run a filter ;P

lol! You don't need one either!

I once saw a civic with a ZC motor with no intake piping. I could say that the only thing that was actually on that engine bay was the motor itself with the intake manifold, exhaust manifold; nothing more. That civic could burn tires for long time. Though I don't believe that having no filter at all could increase perfomance.

Obviously a cloth could do the work, but why waste energy opening the hood and putting a cloth if a filter will do the same job and last longer?

If you want real power do what accordepicenter did...

IMO an intake that does not "breath" fresh or cold air will have no improvement at all. You better open some kind of scoop or vent. Or just locate the end of the pipe with the filter somewhere such as the bottom of the car, a bumper with some kind of opening, etc. And you'll need a filter in that case for safety reasons I guess...

BOOST IS THE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! FORGET THE CLOTHES! I PREFER TO LIVE INSIDE MY CAR, AND NOT PAY ANY RENTS, AND WORK HARD TO EARN SOME MONEY TO GET BOOSTED!!!!

For some reason I feel like I'm gonna get flamed... dunno
:uh:

gfrg88
12-08-2005, 09:15 PM
if your thinking of not using a filter, what you have to do is use a screen material used on those window screens, the little metal screens, but i would just stick with a k&n filter instead

frankie89
12-08-2005, 10:11 PM
tu esta loco muchacho..yo preferio mi casa que mi accord, y que aqui en pennsylvania esta nevando 8 pulgadas de neive..que maldito frio...(but your right on the intake, an engine dose need fresh cold air for some type of better performance..
lol! You don't need one either!
I once saw a civic with a ZC motor with no intake piping. I could say that the only thing that was actually on that engine bay was the motor itself with the intake manifold, exhaust manifold; nothing more. That civic could burn tires for long time. Though I don't believe that having no filter at all could increase perfomance.
Obviously a cloth could do the work, but why waste energy opening the hood and putting a cloth if a filter will do the same job and last longer?
If you want real power do what accordepicenter did...
IMO an intake that does not "breath" fresh or cold air will have no improvement at all. You better open some kind of scoop or vent. Or just locate the end of the pipe with the filter somewhere such as the bottom of the car, a bumper with some kind of opening, etc. And you'll need a filter in that case for safety reasons I guess...
BOOST IS THE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! FORGET THE CLOTHES! I PREFER TO LIVE INSIDE MY CAR, AND NOT PAY ANY RENTS, AND WORK HARD TO EARN SOME MONEY TO GET BOOSTED!!!!
For some reason I feel like I'm gonna get flamed... dunno
:uh:

A20A1
12-08-2005, 11:14 PM
The cloth would be like adding a small filter... which is a big restriction.
The cone filters have a larger surface area.

A18A
12-08-2005, 11:53 PM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/89accord/filter.jpg

thats why i thought a cloth would be better

dont get jealous of my paint skills now :)

jlros75
12-09-2005, 12:15 AM
I'm jealous those look like a high tech draws. :cool: Just kidding

1320boy
12-09-2005, 12:16 AM
Pantyhose............
yes...... it does work.

mkymonkey
12-09-2005, 01:21 AM
L O Fucking L

come on dude, have you ever read anything in your life about cars? here is a good website to search before asking questions.

HOWSTUFFWORKS.COM (http://www.howstuffworks.com)

wow the things that come out of this kid's fingers man