PDA

View Full Version : carb problem

nugget
12-09-2005, 11:31 PM
im new here kinda but neways just recently my car just started acting up. it use to idle at about 1k but now all the sudden when im sitting at a light it will drop below and act as though it is about to stall out. it runs fine after i get past 1k....any thoughts on whats wrong?

A20A1
12-09-2005, 11:39 PM
Check for vacuum leaks
Check battery cables / connections

Probably might want to do a tune up.

(1) PCV Valve
(2) Cap / Rotor
(3) Spark Plugs
(4) Fuel Filters x2

Fuel filters ( Front and Rear ) The rear filter is usually the problem, the front is easy to change so people just do that and pass up on the rear.
Replace both though.

Oil
Coolant

Replace fuel filters and clean the carb if no vacuum leak is found and ignition turns out to be okay.

Readjust the carb if no vacuum leak is found and ignition turns out to be okay and fuel filters are okay.

If problems persist you might have a faulty carb part, valve, thermovalve, solenoid, sensor, etc.

Here are some tuneup options for the stock carb, not too much you have to buy in terms of supplies.

Some carb cleaner, thin gasket material ment for carbs, and an exacto knife.

Basic tools are screw drivers, and needle nose pliers.
10mm and 8mm wrench or sockets.

I think thats it.

Oh and a very helpful tool is a 'Vacuum Gauge' and or a 'Vacuum Gauge + Vacuum Hand Pump Combination'

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=5350
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=44074

Honda-Master
12-20-2005, 10:05 PM
im new here kinda but neways just recently my car just started acting up. it use to idle at about 1k but now all the sudden when im sitting at a light it will drop below and act as though it is about to stall out. it runs fine after i get past 1k....any thoughts on whats wrong?

As A2 says chk pcv valve . squeeze the hose with piers if idle smooths out relace valve,, is car missing on any particular cylinder?? pull the plug wires out 1 by 1, engine should stumble .. if it has no affect with wire off ,, that cylinder is not firing ,,.. if not the plugs and or wires, remove air cleaner . on the back of carb there is the idle solenoid . first chk if you can hear it click by turning the ignition key on and off ,, if it clicks, remove the 8 mm screw remove solenoid, careful not to drop the small o-ring, get some carb cleaner and compressed air and blow in the passage ,,put all together if idle smoohts out u got internal carb problems ,,,