PDA

View Full Version : Oil Leak

onebad4
08-17-2002, 08:27 PM
I just bought my honda accord lxi its 1988 i was sort of expecting carb because thats mostly what i read about hear in the board buts its EFI its 190 cid whats that like a 2.0 ? Well on to my question it has a small oil leak a below the exhaust manifold i'm thinking its from the the oil pan gasket. For you guys that have done that before what would i need to remove to access it. any help would be greatly apreciated thank you.

AZmike
08-18-2002, 12:54 AM
Sometimes you can stop leaks like that by just making sure that all the oil pan bolts are torqued propery. If you really want to take off the oil pan you'll need to remove the splashguard (if it's still there), the exhaust pipe underneath the engine. Maybe the center engine support also (the one with the jack point on it), I can't remember for sure. If after you put the exhaust back together you notice it's a bit loud you should also replace your exhaust crush washers (~$15 for the 3 you need from the dealer)

ACCORD EX
08-18-2002, 04:28 AM
are you sure it's the oil pan ! mine was leaking but it was the front crank seal ( it leaks on the oil pan tehn on the floor ! )

MIKE

onebad4
08-18-2002, 08:44 PM
Thank you both for replying, I'll retorque those bolts and also check the crank seal to see if thats what it is tommorrow is the first day i get to actually see work on it seen i got it. I'll try to keep you posted. Thanks again

ACCORD EX
08-19-2002, 02:31 PM
it's not easy to check crank seal ! while it covered with the timing belt cover ! just check if there is oil near the timing belt cover ( the lower one ofcourse !

MIKE

onebad4
08-21-2002, 10:00 PM
Thanks guys for your help. Now I think i found the oil leak it was were the front cover ends on the bottom of the engine it's a little bent so for now until i can find one i'm going to use some sealer. Thank You Again