PDA

View Full Version : Rear adjustable arms are on!

Oldblueaccord
12-10-2005, 03:19 PM
Finally

Starts out I wanted to be able to adjust my camber in the rear. I do not have a lowered car so this would be a stock set-up.

I found a set of arms that Ingalls sell but I also found that the AC delco adjustable on Rock auto are the same, or so I thought. They came with the ball joints so I thought "hey wadda deal"

here the link of the pictures. Of course they really weren't.

http://www. sorry link is dead now.

the one on the left is what I wanted which i got one of. The other well as you can see is pretty wimpy so I sent em both back.

I went with the ingalls part number 38600. these are the polyends which I also wanted. much better and stiffer then the rubber. They DO NOT come with the ball joints. I got them here at [url]www.livermoreperformance.com for $55 a piece. Its the last picture in the line with the stock on for comparasion. Pretty beefy part,poly end, and adjustable.

The ball joints are moog K9736 I got here locally. The need to be pressed in of course.

Seems pretty good so far I just got them in today and I kinda resurected an old set of yokahomas intermediates(195/60/14) that I was saving for auto crossing that I ll never use. I'm gonna run them until I get it aligned which should prove to be a nightmare as well. Not sure how much negative camber I have in the rear but I feel like I want to ad more already.

wp

bobafett
12-11-2005, 10:33 AM
beautiful...

so the beefy setup i am seeing there is the following:

- ingalls 38600 adjustable arms with poly ends.
- moog k9736 bushings

does it appear that you could get a decent ammount of positive camber with this setup? i would be installing on a lowered car. it looks like it would have a reasonable range of adjustment.

please let us know what you think after you play with them a bit. :D

Legend_master
12-11-2005, 12:05 PM
Wow that site has alot of good parts for our cars, great find and post some pics of those arms installed.

Oldblueaccord
12-11-2005, 03:08 PM
Well right now the toe is off in the front so it will be a little while before I get a good feel from it.

I thought it was funny the AC delco part was also the Ingalls part too. :deal:

The guy at livermore was friendly AND had our car at one time. He said he thought they had great pontetial and wanted to know if I had swaybars on etc. Ill try and update when I can. I'm really looking also to have them last as well. The stockers seem to last me about 2 years.

As far as camber on a loward car im not really sure. I ll see if I can make some measure ments on the car. You can get lots on a stock height car. I started with them all the way out and it was by eye tons of positive camber. really funny looking.

Oldblueaccord
04-22-2006, 08:29 PM
I wanted to update this.

The rear arms are running good. Squeek alot bot are nice and stiff. I went ahead and ran the adjustment all the way in to give me MAX negative camber in the rear. I am also running the 205/5015 BFG KDW which is another story :thumbdn:

So with the negative camber. And im talking like negative camber you can see like the back end of a a old BMW or those MGB type cars. LIke this // \\ I dont think there is a real handling advantage. Least street wise. I haven't gone up on the Dragon and put it to the test but it doesnt rotate well like it used to. Otherwise I like the arms I like the adjustblility of them and the construction as well. Ill get the camber dialed in a little more and report again.
And just to add there seems to be no bad tire wear on the rears set up this way with maybe 2k miles on them.

Hash_man_Se_i
04-22-2006, 11:14 PM
Ya I dunno... I wouldnt be in a rush to put my camber all the way negative like that... first off, that much camber is useless... and second, the main purpose of the camber kit for these cars is to get rid of unwanted negative camber.

I had a friend go through his rear tires in 5000kms because of insane camber like that. Then again, he was on low profile 19" tires, so you won't go through them quite that fast, but the camber wear will come.

But, thanks for the link to that site, I'm going to have to get that rear ingalls kit, looks like a good buy.

Oldblueaccord
08-02-2006, 10:32 AM
OK posting an update on this.

Got the car aligned and went with -2 degrees rear camber. Really like this so far compared to the max negative camber I was running. Tires in the rear didn't wear funny (no weight back there) but the handling at high speeds was not so hot.

Oldblueaccord
01-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Wanted to update this with a few pictures so bare with me. :huh:
Arms are working great. They rusted up pretty good might need a paint /powercoat deal to keep them looking ok.

Need to add new pictures........