PDA

View Full Version : What are, and where are the "TCS" wires

Shadowkat
12-11-2005, 11:50 AM
hello all. I'm doing a 5 speed swap, and while looking over my chilton's I noticed it said something about TCS or transmission controlled spark wires. What are these wires and where do they connect? I don't want to miss anything while doing this swap. Are these some wires that i can take from my auto tranny, or are they different from the auto, or what? please help!

Shadowkat
12-11-2005, 07:50 PM
come on guys, no one knows what TCS wires are?

A20A1
12-11-2005, 07:59 PM
I have no idea I've never seen wires on my auto transmission... or any other auto trans in the US for that matter.

Are you sure it's on the 86-89 accord trans?

There are some diagrams that say wires do exist and that the transmission is electronic in some fashion... but again I've never seen it in person.

BITESIZE
12-11-2005, 08:00 PM
I did the swap 2 years ago, my guess is these wires are the reverse lights? Don't know! Could be the wires for the switches down by the pedals for the clutch, brake pedal, or the wires that make the key come out. (so the car knows you are in park). Good luck!

Shadowkat
12-11-2005, 08:40 PM
alright, well i checked the repair manual online, and it makes no mention of any tcs wires on the manual transmission, so i think the Chilton's manual is either refering to the wire from the starter to the battery, or the Chilton's guys were just smoking crack or something when they wrote the manual. so thanks for the responses, but i think it's not something i need to worry about after all.

shepherd79
12-12-2005, 08:56 AM
there are no such wires.
i did the swap 2 years ago and all i had to do is rewire the back up light and connect two black wires on the auto shifter (they are for P position). whithout them you won't start the car.