PDA

View Full Version : headlights wont work

RiceIniside
12-11-2005, 02:58 PM
Whats up everyone, I've got a '89 LX-I thats got a headlight problem. The high beams only work when I pull the turn signal lever all the way towards me and hold it there. As soon as I let go so the lever returns to normal, the high beams go out. The low beams will not turn on at all. All fuses are ok. Anyone ever experience something similar?

Mac
12-11-2005, 05:00 PM
Sounds like the combination switch (turn signal lever) is bad. The contacts inside the combination switch often get dirty and worn. Sometimes you can pull it apart and clean up all the contacts.

Hash_man_Se_i
12-11-2005, 06:52 PM
^^^ Yup Mac has got it, my car had the same problem when I got it... Go to the wrecker and grab a new one... waaay too expensive from the dealer, but ya its pretty easy to replace... Take off the steering wheel, take apart the steering coloumb and swap the switch.

logic
12-12-2005, 06:48 PM
^^^ Yup Mac has got it, my car had the same problem when I got it... Go to the wrecker and grab a new one... waaay too expensive from the dealer, but ya its pretty easy to replace... Take off the steering wheel, take apart the steering coloumb and swap the switch.
lot cheaper to fix it... see this thread: http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=48308