PDA

View Full Version : performance muffler w/out loudness??

87AccordsterLx
08-17-2002, 09:41 PM
well I seem to attract too many damn cops with my 5zigen exhaust (striaght through design) so I need to switch to a quieter exhaust system... I have a 2.25in piping run and I want to keep as much of the performance as I can... I know dynomax makes good mufflers but i cant find a good dual tip to go with it that's not tacky... If anyone has any ideas on a nice dual tip muffler with good performance and a nice low sound thats not too loud.... please post becasue I need to get this fixed before they take my damn licence away... Thanks...

POS carb
08-17-2002, 11:28 PM
I have a hooker aero chamber with dual euro tips, I 'll see if I can get the digicam from my friend.

87AccordsterLx
08-18-2002, 07:07 AM
right on.... how hard are they to get and how much did it cost you... oh.. by the way Eric... would you happen to have a set of control arms that I could buy off of you... Im finally ready to get the struts and I'm out of state now... I figured that I would have my uncle put them on being that Im not in so cal. Let me know and I'll work around the price... thanks...

shepherd79
08-18-2002, 08:31 AM
i got dynomax with 2.25 tip and you can't tell a diff if it a stock or not. i like it, high flow muffler with a stock sound.
i say go with dynomax.

87AccordsterLx
08-18-2002, 08:40 AM
can you hear any sound to it at all?? I do want some tone just nothing loud... also what type of tip do you have??? any pics..??

1988starter
08-18-2002, 11:09 AM
Tone not too loud go dynomax super turbo

smufguy
08-18-2002, 12:56 PM
but i heard dynomax super turbo muffler has a deep low sound. it looks stock, but does have a decent low sound right? i getting confused.

1988starter
08-18-2002, 04:08 PM
In many applications it is the same sound as stock but if you are like me and have a header highflow cat and catback it will be a bit louder also no resonator

shepherd79
08-18-2002, 06:03 PM
well it is just a crome tip. nothing special.
you can hear a little at 2000rpm. but after that it is like normal muffler.
i say if you putt 3" tip you should get a nice sound. i am thinking about 3" tip but i am not sure if i want.

Jims 86LXI HB
08-18-2002, 07:51 PM
Ok, I had a resonator back 2.25" piping Dynomax Super turbo setup. It had a loud boom inside the car between 2200rpm's and 3200rpm's. Even then, if you ran the stereo a couple of notches higher that usual, it overcame that. Outside of that rpm range, it wasn't that loud, until you wound it out. Between 4500rpm's and 6500rpm's it would let out a snarl that was pure joy to hear, nice not cheap. My wife did comment that she was guaranteed to know when I was home, she could hear me arrive. But it was never ever something that I would ever have to worry about with my neighbor's.

87AccordsterLx
08-18-2002, 08:02 PM
ya just as long as I dont get hassled by the cops or the neighbors Im cool... what you guys are describing is exactly what I want... a nice low tone that wont disrupt people in the next lane when I'm barely accellerating... So what type of tips do you guys use with dynomax? All you get is the muffler right? I want a nice dual slanted tip that wont attract cops yet looks and sounds pleasing... any ideas??? Some pics would be great... Thanks guys...

:help:

1988starter
08-19-2002, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by shepherd79
well it is just a crome tip. nothing special.
you can hear a little at 2000rpm. but after that it is like normal muffler.
i say if you putt 3" tip you should get a nice sound. i am thinking about 3" tip but i am not sure if i want.

I have a brospeed 3 inch tip non resonated and a rolled end and I like the sounds