PDA

View Full Version : What Can and Cannot Go?

2Fast_Fiero
08-17-2002, 10:44 PM
I'm bored out of my mind, I wish I had money, so what in my engine compartment besides the Cruize Control that dont work can I take out of my engine compartment? What do I need to run my car right? http://mywebpages.comcast.net/infiniti4x4/Pictures/6.jpg http://mywebpages.comcast.net/infiniti4x4/Pictures/7.jpg http://mywebpages.comcast.net/infiniti4x4/Pictures/8.jpg

pimp86LX
08-17-2002, 10:49 PM
do you actually get cold air in that thing?

2Fast_Fiero
08-17-2002, 11:05 PM
I have no clue, more then it used to get, but I'm about to put a Cold Air Intake on, and I'm gonna reposition the battery in the spare tire compartment with a glass case around the battery so people can see my new Interstate battery and the Green and Red cables, I'm gettin rid of the tray for it also, and I'm either gonna make my own Intake with the filter right there, or I'm gonna find where the cold spot is in there. Then buy or design my own CAI.

pimp86LX
08-17-2002, 11:22 PM
nice, i was thinkin the same thing, down where the battery tray is might be cold, or colder than it would be now

Stumpy
08-18-2002, 01:23 PM
First off, you can start by removing all the ricey red tubes and that huge sticker. Then put an air filter on your intake! :flame:

pimp86LX
08-18-2002, 01:50 PM
such an angry little stump now arn't you, lol

2Fast_Fiero
08-18-2002, 01:58 PM
Ricey? We own a JAPANEESE CAR!!! How could you say its Ricey, and another thing, those are new I just painted those not that long ago and they are nice, nicer then the POS looking stock tubes, faded black and crap, I'm not done either, every tube like that is gonna be painted the same color, it might stay red, and it might go blue, I dont know, and I am getting an intake if you have even read what I have said, I just took the stock air system out, I'm running off of fresh air straight to the throtle body.

pimp86LX
08-18-2002, 02:00 PM
what does having a japaneese car have to do with rice?? my car was made in north america thank you

Stumpy
08-18-2002, 02:07 PM
Just because a car is asian doesn't mean that it's rice. YOU made it rice.

Stumpy
08-18-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by MSIAccord_LXi
Ricey, and another thing, those are new I just painted those not that long ago and they are nice, nicer then the POS looking stock tubes, faded black and crap, I'm not done either, every tube like that is gonna be painted the same color, it might stay red, and it might go blue, I dont know, and I am getting an intake if you have even read what I have said, I just took the stock air system out, I'm running off of fresh air straight to the throtle body.

I love how that's all one sentence...

Anyhow, I actually know how to read and I saw that you are getting an intake. Just because you're getting an intake is a reason you can run without an air filter? You're gaining a whole .5 hp by running no filter and you're taking this risk of seriously damaging your engine. Not bright.

DBMaster
08-18-2002, 02:42 PM
I didn't see where he said he was running with no filter. The setup in the pictures would still have the stock air filter in the box on the back of the engine unless he removed it.

The setup pictured would actually be WORSE than stock because it is drawing its air from under the hood instead of outside the engine compartment like it was from the factory.

2Fast_Fiero
08-18-2002, 04:08 PM
Sorry, I copied this exact post in the performance and I thought this one was it, I took off the whole air cleaner box, everything, and I didn't make it rice, yes the dragon made it rice, but its my car, and decking out the engine compartment isn't making it a ricer, its making it detailed.

2Fast_Fiero
08-18-2002, 04:10 PM
I am designing a cold air intake system for it, but I'm making it differently, the mouth in the bumper has a plastic flex pipe, pretty big one too going right under where the battery was, directing all the cold air from the front of the car to the air filter that I'm about to put on.

2Fast_Fiero
08-18-2002, 06:19 PM
You guys dont listen, I didn't say I'm gonna run with no air filter, I said I took the stock air cleaner system off. I took it off just cus I'm taking EVERYTHING out of the engine compartment that I don't need, and dont talk about the stickers, the body is my style, nobody elses, I just want to know what I need to run the car.

2Fast_Fiero
08-18-2002, 06:23 PM
I've had tons of complements saying that the detailing I did to the engine looks great, I think it looks killer to have style. Some of the guys car's that chats in here, OMG thier engines look soo damn bad ass because of the detailing they did, stuff I wish I could do, I'm buying a Cold Air Intake, from AEM, but for the meantime, I'm gonna run my short ram with the K&N Air Filter. I'm gonna keep on detailing the engine the best I can, and I'm gonna figure out what color goes best with my car.
So how about this, I'll start a poll with the main colors.

87accordlxi
08-18-2002, 06:28 PM
I'm gonna reposition the battery in the spare tire compartment with a glass case around the battery so people can see my new Interstate battery and the Green and Red cables

haha

2Fast_Fiero
08-18-2002, 09:04 PM
lol:beer:

87_2LSi_au
08-18-2002, 09:36 PM
I think your engine bay look good. I have started doing it to at the moment I have a red valve cover, how did you paint the writing seperately?? mine is all red and would like the writing a different colour.

2Fast_Fiero
08-18-2002, 10:03 PM
I used a paint pen, its just like a marker, but it has paint in it. Please vote on your personal opinion on what the detail color should be? Right now its red.

pimp86LX
08-19-2002, 11:06 AM
why not make it go fast instead of colouring it?

2Fast_Fiero
08-19-2002, 11:45 AM
It goes fast, TRUST ME! it friggin fly's. When I race it I only have one problem, 1st gear, my instant GO isn't good enough, and that is why I'm suping it up, In the Accord Pics area I have all the mods I've done and all the mods I'm gonna do in there.

pimp86LX
08-19-2002, 12:03 PM
:flipa: nice,

2Fast_Fiero
08-19-2002, 12:18 PM
LOL, Pimp, I'm just curious..........Is that you in that lil picture? ROFLMAO

pimp86LX
08-19-2002, 12:37 PM
no its not me, i found it on my computer. I nearly shit myself laughing when i saw it and i thouhgt it reflected my attitued properly.

2Fast_Fiero
08-19-2002, 12:47 PM
ROFLMAO, THis is my attitude.........:smokin: :banghead: :beer: :werd:

Jdub07
08-19-2002, 12:54 PM
I think your engine bay looks fine. I personaly wouldn't do it just because I have other things that I would rather do to my car. But I wont bash it and i wouldn't even call it rice. Do whatever you want to your car...who gives a fuck. Some day I would like to get my valve cover painted or even just buffed out. Getting the engin bay steam cleaned would be more desireable. Anyone know how much a steamcleaning job would cost????

pimp86LX
08-19-2002, 12:59 PM
i'm guessing a couple hundred (CAN). if u polish your valve cover it looks hella sweet, someone on this board does it for some $$ on the side i think

2Fast_Fiero
08-19-2002, 01:05 PM
Well I'm thinkin about changing the colors to either Silver and Blue, or Silver and Red, instead of the Black and Red, cus my CAI is Silver.

Stumpy
08-19-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by pimp86LX
why not make it go fast instead of colouring it?

Amen

2Fast_Fiero
08-19-2002, 06:02 PM
What in the hell is so wrong with coloring it?
I like detailing!

pimp86LX
08-19-2002, 06:14 PM
nottin, but it doesn't matter what colour it is if its doin mach 2
:super:

2Fast_Fiero
08-19-2002, 07:19 PM
"Lets see if you bastards can do 90"
Quote By pimp86LX. When I went on vacation to the lake, me and a guy in a 5.0 Mustang were head to head racing and we both were hittin 140mph, nose to nose. That is when my accord was completely stock, all it had was rims and the old shocks.

pimp86LX
08-19-2002, 07:29 PM
your stock accord went 140

stock??? :rolleyes:

oh, and that was a quote from Michel J Fox btw

2Fast_Fiero
08-19-2002, 07:43 PM
Yes, it burried the needle.

TeKKnoTeKK
08-19-2002, 08:14 PM
Yes, it burried the needle.

going downhill? And I am sorry but no stock LX-i is going to keep up with a v8 mustang unless the driver has no idea what he is doing. I have often wondered abotu the credibility of some of your posts but this takes the cake bud.

2Fast_Fiero
08-19-2002, 08:45 PM
What the hell do you mean? Whats not to belive?
I've been racing since I was born, I was born in a 1979 Pontiac Firebird, and 140mph isn't tough shit at all. It was a Ford Mustang LX, against my Honda Accord LXi, it was a complete stretch of road for like 10 miles and we kept our cars maxed out at 140 the whole way, the only thing that was on my car at that time was the rims and my brother had just replaced the gears cus he blew a few, and I don't get you guys, there isn't anything that is imposible, cows can fly if they can learn to grow wings, any engine can hit a sertain speed, and a sertain hp, its just finding a way to that point, there is nothing imposible about a 650hp Mitsubishi Eclipse, nor is there about a 650/1200hp Chevy Cavilier, nor is there about a 3000hp 460 V8!

pimp86LX
08-19-2002, 08:51 PM
no one said it was impossible, no one said those are stock cars either

2Fast_Fiero
08-19-2002, 09:01 PM
I just don't like people that has not one bit of faith in thier car, Mustangs are slower then hell, I would race a mustang any day, not a saleen nor cobra tho, but I would race a mustang, and wtf is up with people and the movie The Fast And The Furious? Ever since that movie came out people think making a fixed up import is FnF'ish, its not, that movie came out when? 2001, and people have been fixing up imports for like 8 years now, before that movie came out you guys wouldn't be tripin, the movies in the fast and the furious were mainly a joke, the Skyline was a fake all the way, they didn't pass the speed of 80mph, the green eclipse was a pussy to the bone with its 450hp of FWD power, he had mild mods, I'm a Ralliart/Mitsubishi Fanatic, and just because I owned a Mitsubishi, you say that is soo FnF'ish, thats bull shit, that is the biggest diss of all, There were over 1500 Authentic cars in the fast and the furious, that were real, with real people like you and me, there was even a few 3Geez in that movie that you can notice, but yea, I own a 3G Honda Accord, 96 Honda Civic SiR, and VW Jetta, I'm trying to copy the fast and the furious like a lil bitch!!!

TeKKnoTeKK
08-20-2002, 04:02 AM
Ok ok I got it now man.....You had a green eclipse with graphics on the side just like the fast and the furious, you worked at a performance shop that let you build up a tab of 40k (close enough to fast and the furious, but pretty out there).....and let me guess, the fast and furious set bought the car for 45k, made the movie about you, and used your car! I stand corrected bro, you are the bomb. I will never doubt anything you say ever again! I apologize....

Jdub07
08-20-2002, 07:51 AM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Man...a mustang?! 140 stock? Burried the needle?

2Fast_Fiero
08-20-2002, 10:02 AM
No, it wasn't any wheres near that, It was lime green with CARBON FIBER graphics, the movie came out and I changed the color to Silver with No Graphics, diff body kit, clear tail lights, carbon fiber hood and AWD!!! The shop went out of buisness, I had to pay the 40grand up front, I couldn't, so I had to sell the car to pay off the tab, then I found another job at Carson & Ellis building engines. The movie is nothing like how it is in real life, NOTHING AT ALL, I know every single part that was on that car in the fast and the furious, and I didn't have a thing that he did, diff style wing, diff style interior, diff engine, diff transmission, different everything. and I don't know if it was 140, I just know it past 130mph. And it was against a Old 5.0 LX Mustang, Which is very fucking slow.

2Fast_Fiero
08-20-2002, 10:04 AM
And when in the hell did this become about my eclipse? This is about my accord, I want to know what can and cannot go from the ENGINE COMPARTMENT!:wtf:

Jdub07
08-20-2002, 10:21 AM
From my understanding an LX 5.0 is very fast...It has a V8 motor and less weight than other mustangs!

Could you tell me how you were going neck and neck with a LX 5.0 by the following specs??

Base Number of Cylinders: 8
Base Engine Size: 5 liters
Base Engine Type: V8
Horsepower: 225 hp
Max Horsepower: 4200 rpm
Torque: 300 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 3200 rpm
Drive Type: RWD
Turning Circle: 41.2 ft.

Your LXi has but only HALF the horse power! I'm not trying to cause contravercy,...yet if you do the math it looks to be imposible.

2Fast_Fiero
08-20-2002, 04:56 PM
No, I cannot answer that question because I don't know why we were neck and neck, I was just being a smart ass and tempting him to race, and he did and we were like that for atleast 9 miles straight.

Neuspeed87lx
08-20-2002, 06:59 PM
first i must say your engine looks real nice.....i dont think there should be an APC sticker on your windshield though.....but its your car...i belive you when you say you were keepin up with the stang because the guy in the mustang prolly wasnt racing or there was mabey something wrong with the car (you know fords) but 140?????

2Fast_Fiero
08-20-2002, 07:35 PM
Ok, Update and dont laugh, my brother who was with me durring that race told me he saw us goin 124 and one time 134 goin slightly down hill, and the mustang and I stayed head to head.

2Fast_Fiero
08-20-2002, 07:35 PM
Yea, well when I get my new window and body kit that stuff wont be there any more, it will look like a new car practicly.

Jims 86LXI HB
08-21-2002, 01:16 AM
What the hell do you mean? Whats not to belive?
I've been racing since I was born, I was born in a 1979 Pontiac Firebird, and 140mph isn't tough shit at all. It was a Ford Mustang LX, against my Honda Accord LXi, it was a complete stretch of road for like 10 miles and we kept our cars maxed out at 140 the whole way, the only thing that was on my car at that time was the rims and my brother had just replaced the gears cus he blew a few, and I don't get you guys, there isn't anything that is imposible, cows can fly if they can learn to grow wings, any engine can hit a sertain speed, and a sertain hp, its just finding a way to that point, there is nothing imposible about a 650hp Mitsubishi Eclipse, nor is there about a 650/1200hp Chevy Cavilier, nor is there about a 3000hp 460 V8!

What the hell he means is that at this point this board has 825 members and for some strange reason you, little ole you have managed a feat that NONE of the them (except justin) have managed. And not by a believeable 2 or 3 miles an hour, but at least 10!!! You either had a brisk tail wind or were running down hill and could not honestly tell. It doesn't take 10 miles for the laws of physics to catch up the the laws of avaible power vs wind resistance. And I do not understand why your complaining about us are calling you out. It's perfectly sensicle to do so, it simply doen'st matter WHO say's they did 140mph, we are going to say something about it for reason's that are obvious.