PDA

View Full Version : performance rebuild kit?

Cant Stop
12-13-2005, 07:35 PM
i cant seem to find the thread i spotted it in but someone had mentioned there was some sort of aftermarket rebuild kit made by some racing company,prolly was a20a1, anyone know the name of the company and whether this rebuild kit was worth the money.
thanks.

87AccordsterLx
12-15-2005, 09:51 AM
do a search... many threads on this.

A20A1
12-16-2005, 08:10 PM
Performance kit?
I don't remember, I did make a different top hat gasket, it attempts to block off a fuel bleed from the accel pump passage to hopefully divert more fuel into the fuel bowl.

Kabuki
12-19-2005, 11:37 AM
I haven't been able to find a peformance build kit for these at all. So basically, buy a set of jet drills and drill out your jets. I can get the stock rebuild kits though.

Cant Stop
01-05-2006, 05:18 PM
a20a1 i saw that as i have not actually looked at my carb with top hat removed i am not sure what you attempted to block off, is it that spot at the top of your gasket that has the round hole with a square chunk out of it? to the right of that spot? if so couldnt you just dab some liquid steel in there to "cork" it up?

A20A1
01-05-2006, 07:57 PM
well the gasket was an option to allow you to go back to stock.

It would be better to just lay in some quick steel in the channel leading away from the large circle to completely block of any fuel bleeding.

You can see how I did it on the right hand said of the pic
http://www.3geez.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2350

Cant Stop
01-14-2006, 05:08 PM
just remember when rebuilding your carb
be very careful with the float pin i broke the wing holding the pin so i got it epoxy up so it should hold i beveled the pin so it fit easy just gotta pray the gas doesnt eat the epoxy its marine grade so it should be ok

A20A1
01-14-2006, 05:31 PM
That float pin is nonsense... I pounded on that thing forever. I finally decided to slice of the flot stopper... that way you can swing the float out of the way and then remove the float needle and float valve.

You just need to make a new float stopper... or intall the float very carefully after you have filled up the float bowl... that way the float needle doesn't drop out when you turn the top upsidedown to intall it.

Cant Stop
01-14-2006, 09:38 PM
tell me about it like i said i got it out but busted one of the posts holding the pin in
by supporting the posts the pin will come out .
i had to rebuild since all the rubber in my carb was shot went to adjust the float and it sprung an instant leak!! so much for being careful.
as for pin falling out it fits so tight i am not worried since tapering the ends only allows it to go back in but then again i had a broken support so i had to epoxy the whole thing together. you learn as you go i guess, putting the pin in i would definitely use a c-clamp next time.

Cant Stop
01-14-2006, 09:39 PM
duh how true i misunderstood about needle a dab of glue on end away from needle will keep it from falling out.