PDA

View Full Version : Strange noise from suspension

stat1K
12-13-2005, 08:54 PM
When i start my car and it's a bit cold i have what sounds to me like wheel bearing noise, which is very well a possibility because i haven't changed them since i got the car 50k miles ago. But, i have a sort of knocking noise when turning right and i have always thought that this noise is caused by a bad cv joint, if anyone knows what i'm talking about let me know. It's more prominent when turning gradually right like on an on ramp at about 40mph. Any feedback or thoughts or similar noises and or fixes would be nice to know about, thanks guys.

bobafett
12-14-2005, 12:42 AM
your on the right track, sounds like CV joints

Blkblurr
12-14-2005, 06:08 AM
Sounds like the CV joint to me as well.

stat1K
12-14-2005, 09:18 AM
yeah see... but when i took my car to the mechanic who does all the big jobs they said my suspension looked fine, retards... oh well i guess i'm gonna do it myself anyone know a good place to buy them, or should i just go to autozone?

Kabuki
12-14-2005, 10:39 AM
Well, just because theres a problem with your axel that isn't apparent under inspection, does NOT mean that the shop is run by idiots. What they'll be looking for is torn axle boots. What probably happened is that there was a torn boot at one point, and the owner/shop just installed a new boot with more grease. If it only happens when it's cold, I probably wouldn't go changing the axle for a while. Like not until it makes noise until every time you turn.

stat1K
12-14-2005, 10:44 AM
they have never changed any boots, and they didn't just inspect it they drove it under the conditions that i told them it made the noise and the guy told me that it was probably the power steering, and i said that the noise from the wheel comes when it's cold sorry for the confusion. It does make the noise pretty much everytime now but it's considerably worse when it's cold and when it's a higher speed gradual turn like i previously stated, but i know what you mean about putting it off... because i have been lol. Oh and is 46.95 a good deal for this... ebay part (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/86-89-D-S-M-T-Honda-Accord-NEW-CV-Drive-Shaft-Axle_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33729QQitemZ801966 3645QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V)