PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Accord LXi dizzy Q!

Gario
12-14-2005, 01:57 AM
Hey, im new here (I'm a northwestnissans.com guy so I speak 0% accord) so sorry about the newb Q. I tried using the search but to no avail.. anyway, my friend has a 1988 LX-i with the a20a2 I believe (the fuel injected one), My question is... are there any other DISTRIBUTORS that would fit it, and does anyone have the part number handy? I tried a couple of ebay searches, no luck.

Hers is gone, and she was told by a mech that the dizzy is the reason. Symptoms of the car include dying at stop lights, and somewhat randomly. (good battery, good alternator, good timing belt) A new one is $795 :uh: ... trying not to go that path. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gar

mkymonkey
12-14-2005, 02:43 AM
what the fuck is a dizzy? are you trying to say distributor?

Gario
12-14-2005, 03:59 AM

Sorry I don't speak your language. But in the auto world, dizzy is a common slang for distributor. For your reference, here it is used in context so you can understand it also.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2331971

http://www.mgbexperience.com/virtualgarage/MGB/MGBfixes/dizzy.htm

Thanks, so would you know mkymonkey, the answer to my question?

mkymonkey
12-14-2005, 04:33 AM
well not exactly, but this might help:

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=63

ps. i like the way you responded to my "what the fuck" question, very adult of you. i apologize for the newbie question. lol but read the thread i posted above, it tells you about what parts can be swapped into the 3g.

Kabuki
12-14-2005, 10:53 AM
Look, monkey boy, that is about the most useless link as a possible solution to this poor guy's problem. Most people don't want to do a full on OBD1 conversion just because of a bad distributor. ESPECIALLY on someone else's car.

Gario:
That LXi distributor is very much it's own beast. They have the vacuum advance, which none of the other OBD0 EFI distributors have (except for the 1G Integras, which won't work because they have an external TDC sensor on the exaust cam). I can get a new unit shipped out for about $500 (Honda list is $795.52, and the part number is 30105-PJ0-A03). Or a remanufactured unit for $250. Hey, where are you located? I'm in Oregon... Contact me if you're interested.

bobafett
12-14-2005, 11:08 AM
hey whats up gario! enjoying those KTS? its a small world i guess! hehe
i dont have any accord dizzys to spare so i guess im not of any help. :)

Gario
12-14-2005, 12:19 PM
YO Chris whats up!! Kabuki I will have to get back to you on that after checkin with my friend and see what her budget is. I appreciate the help. THANKS

Honda-Master
12-17-2005, 08:51 PM

First off there is no reason to reply back such as you did ,, i know that u apologized later ,,but still ..that's what keeps new people away the way that they are treated .....
As for Dizzy you have to be a real monkey not to know what he was trying to say ,,if you have been around automotive at all you should know that Dizzy is used to mean distributor...

Swap_File
12-17-2005, 09:22 PM
I don't really mind if people use the term dizzy or distributor, but it becomes a problem when looking for threads later... I end up searching for things twice, once using "distributor" and then "dizzy".

mkymonkey
12-17-2005, 10:11 PM
ok ok....so im a newb when it comes to auto world slang.

Deadhead
12-18-2005, 02:41 PM
damn straight...

Gario, an alternator shouldn't cost you more than 250 bucks at the local parts store. Swap it in, and hopefully that mechanic knew what he was talking about when he said the dizzy was toast.

BITESIZE
12-18-2005, 02:44 PM
Dizzy = distributer

Some people need to take a chill pill!!!

Gario, you are all right with me! Peace out!

2oodoor
10-21-2010, 02:37 PM
I don't really mind if people use the term dizzy or distributor, but it becomes a problem when looking for threads later... I end up searching for things twice, once using "distributor" and then "dizzy".

Exactly, and it brings more information under that query text.
Monkey bing a dik LOL

oh well back to searching... btw I never heard it called dizzy till the net, I think it is British slang:beat:

MessyHonda
10-21-2010, 08:52 PM
night of the resurrecting threads

2oodoor
10-22-2010, 10:26 AM
Still a question remains unanswered...
Is there a benefit to using a Prelude Si EFI distributor (a20) on and Lxi, yes we know the carbed lude distributor is an improvement for carbed accords but...