PDA

View Full Version : REPLY/PM problems on 3geez

phrenology
12-14-2005, 09:04 AM
Is there a reason why I'm getting this message everytime I try to reply on my Flywheel Thread??? This is really frustrating. I'm trying to PM jigga89SEi about his flywheel order and I get a similar message. The site will not allow me to send any PMs and post replys to my thread, is it locked or something?

BTW if you read this jigga, just email me directly: [email protected]

:mad: :pc: :pc: :pc: :pc: :mad:

Here is the error message that pops up in a new window everytime I try to send a PM or reply:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /newreply.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.3geez.com Port 80

phrenology
12-14-2005, 09:13 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

This is still happening...what the hell is going on here!?!?! Come on' Moderators, Administrators help me out here!!! My PM box is not full and my thread is not locked! Can someone help me out here or am I not going to be able to PM or email through 3Geez anymore? A20A1, Vinny, NXRacer some one, anyone...little help here. :dunno:

MrBen
12-14-2005, 10:33 PM
It looks like some sort of code error, not sure. I can't tell much without Admin capabilities to look at the it more in depth, so Joe will have to figure this out. He'll check it out soon. Sorry you're having problems.

87accordlxi
12-15-2005, 06:35 AM
When you type your reply, are you using the word "curl" or "lynx"?

Are you using the quick reply, the quote button, or the post reply button?

jigga89SEi
12-15-2005, 08:56 AM
email sent

phrenology
12-15-2005, 09:23 AM
When you type your reply, are you using the word "curl" or "lynx"?
Are you using the quick reply, the quote button, or the post reply button?

Nope

87accordlxi
12-15-2005, 10:48 AM
The forbidden/404 error is not a 3geez or vB software error. You are placed in the same usergroup with the same permissions as 5,000 other members, so there is nothing configured differently in your account relative to the other members in the Registered usergroup.

The only thing I can think of is that the server's mod_security module is interfering with something that you are trying to post. It is a host-level firewall that is not operated by us. The words "curl" and "lynx" are two known words that will be snagged by mod_security. I can try to have them disable it, but if the hosting company won't (or can't, since we're on a shared server) do it then there's nothing we can do. The fact that you were able to start this thread shows that you do have the ability to use the newreply.php function, and I suspect that the PM and email functions work for you as well provided that no text in your message conflicts with mod_security. Without seeing the text you tried to send, we can't pinpoint what the exact conflict is.

phrenology
12-15-2005, 11:28 AM
Its weird because it was only affecting the PMs at first and it happened randomly, now I can post sometimes and not others. It just started happening a day ago. Maybe the host changed something with their security settings. Is anyone else experiencing these problems when trying to post?

88Accord-DX
12-28-2005, 04:25 AM
404 error on the VBgarage too. :ugh: I don't think it will be around for some time, if any.

MrBen
12-28-2005, 01:37 PM
It is coming soon and not done. Hold your horses!