PDA

View Full Version : I got some stuff quoted

89accordex4dr
12-14-2005, 07:21 PM
Went and got some stuff quoted today, and tell me if it worth it.
rear disk breaks for conversion 250.00
rear rotor's and pad's 175.92
front rotor's and pad's 198.40
clutch kit 375.00
rear gas shocks 300.00

total 1142.99nz dollars

Any input's would be great

speedpenguin
12-14-2005, 07:46 PM
how well do new zealand dollars compare to american?
unless that's a performance clutch you're getting ripped off in american dollars, at least compared to the prices of the other items. i payed like 120 for mine.
other than that, it's just how much the car is worth it to you.
if you have any plans to get another car then don't do it.

89accordex4dr
12-14-2005, 09:35 PM
I dont plan on gettin another car for another ten years, I think we are roughly a $1.00 to your .60cents i think, I thought I mite finish newing everything cause the breaks and rear shock's are about the only things I havn't replaced

b8er
12-15-2005, 01:16 AM
well i think if you plan on keeping the car and have the money to do it all then go for it, i see no reason not too

paso100
12-15-2005, 11:24 PM
I'd do some serious math. Sit down and estimate EVERYTHING you will/want to replace on the car, from suspension, brakes, engine, interior, glass, paint, body .... everything you first NEED for plain old maintenance and then what you just want but can live without. Then add about 25%, lol. Don't forget to figure in labor if you're not doing it yourself. That really makes the cost go up.
If the NEEDS final amount is something you can live with instead of buying a newer car, go ahead and do that, drive around a while and see if you really still wanted to work on the WANTS list. That way you can spend your money a little at a time and not feel like you've gone overboard and feel burned out too quick. And you'll appreciate going slower and enjoying working on it one thing at a time.
I looked at it this way: as long as I don't need to replace my engine/transmission, everything I replace on my car is cheaper than monthly payments for a new or even newer used car. So it makes economic sense, for me anyway.

89accordex4dr
12-16-2005, 05:11 AM
I see what you mean,I'v had my accord for four year's and had taken it to hell and back.
I'v put in a brand new engeine, lowered the front end, put in a hard out stereo, wheel bearing's/ cv's, etc.
I thought about doing the suspention/break's, panel and paint, seat's and carpets.
I can be a bit of a Jack of all trade when i put my mined and effort into it, so havin accesse to most of the tool's, two spare part's car's and have doing the work myself, it will be like a new car to me.:)

modu03
12-25-2005, 06:59 PM
Went and got some stuff quoted today, and tell me if it worth it.
rear disk breaks for conversion 250.00
rear rotor's and pad's 175.92
front rotor's and pad's 198.40
clutch kit 375.00
rear gas shocks 300.00
total 1142.99nz dollars
Any input's would be great

don't even bother with the rear disk conversion... most of the weight of the car shifts to the front brakes when you stop anyway. there really won't be any advantages of having the rear disk. just replace the pads, cylinder, and all the springs (they usually come with the pads). and have the drum turned if it looks like it needs it. and also... don't replace the front disks, just have them turned. if they need to be replaced, get them from a dealership. unless your goin for some aftermarket slotted rotors or something.