PDA

View Full Version : how low can i go

Chuoiz
12-14-2005, 10:42 PM
I've decided to lower my car mainly for handling purpose and I'm wondering how low can I drop it without scraping on curbs and speed bumps??

halxi
12-14-2005, 10:47 PM
depends on what you dont wanna scrape on curbs/speedbumps... id hope your not curb hopping though

im lowered about 1.8"-2" and my front mudflaps drag fairly often, but they only sit about 3/4" off the ground. I havent had any problems with dragging exhaust or anything yet. And my car has been lowered for close to 3 months now.

bobafett
12-14-2005, 11:08 PM
yeah any lower than 2" and ur mudflaps will drag when u corner. its fun lol...

the main thing that will hit is your front bumper/lip/undercairage, and your exhaust, so what exhaust do u have? a stock exhaust tucks a lot nicer than a 2.5 lol...

i would suggest coilovers, that way you can adjust the height as you see fit.. :) i couldnt be happier with my ground control coilovers.

88accordhb
12-14-2005, 11:13 PM
werd ^^^

i'm sittin on 2.75 and mudflaps scrap all the time. sometimes i even see-saw'ed on a fat speed bump.

Chuoiz
12-15-2005, 12:33 AM
so somewhere around 2" is the limit..thanks guys

bobafett
12-15-2005, 06:52 AM
keep in mind, even at 2" drop, you are driving it like a lowered car, to avoid scrapings and such.

its not like you can drop 2" and then forget about it and resume life as normal. you will have to be careful leaving parking lots driveways and going over speed bumps, but 2" drop is totally livable, i rarely scrape my bumper, and never scrape my 2.25 exhaust, but i go super slow over bumps etc.

Chuoiz
12-15-2005, 02:29 PM
I know what you mean, I still have to be careful...I just dont want to take 5 mins. going over bumps and curbs..

Chuoiz
12-15-2005, 03:56 PM
the reason I asked is because the curb on my driveway is horribly steep and sometimes it scrape the plastic cover underneath the car...

Hash_man_Se_i
12-16-2005, 12:57 AM
Even lowered 1.5" I had to be careful about scraping my exhaust and speedbumps were a bitch.

halxi
12-16-2005, 01:14 PM
im lowered almost 2" here in colorado, didnt have any problems in the snow. Ive backed into parking spaces and had the rear hang over the curb, never bashed my muffler/exhaust pipe... then again i dont have a fart can so it doesnt hang as low, only thing i really drag is my mudflaps. The first time i drove it after i lowered it i hit a huge bump and bottomed out, sparks everywhere and crunched my heat shields/exhaust pipe a bit but that was about it.

You definatly need to be more cautious of bumps on the road, but not overly cautious.

gfrg88
12-16-2005, 04:14 PM
i think wheels and tires have to do a lot with lowering too, like if your running low pros on like 14"s or 15s its going to be real low with like a 2" drop......

Chuoiz
12-16-2005, 04:16 PM
i live in san jose ca, kinda like san francisco, and the streets are unforgiveable..