PDA

View Full Version : Heater core issue?

AccordDX86
12-16-2005, 10:02 AM
I just bought an LX-i last night. On the way home, the defroster would not work at all, it just made the windows worse. The seller told me the a/c was no good, but, since the air made it worse, im guessing that a VERY small amount of anti-freeze was getting into the car and fogging the windows up. Is that logical? And if so, is that the heater core, or the a/c? Thanks.

-Brett

VTEC_Inside
12-16-2005, 02:28 PM
Check your coolant level and the carpet under the floormats to see if they are wet.

maka_RTH
12-16-2005, 02:32 PM
also, for the rear defrost.., does it not work at all? check the fuses. or does it only half work, like, only two lines or something were working that you just didn't notice? also, if you have the air on recirculate, that might fog up the windows more due to reusing the air that already has moisture in it. if you keep pulling fresh air, that should help some, if that is the case.

Kabuki
12-16-2005, 02:51 PM
That would be the Heater core. But it may also just have a plugged A/C Evaporator drain.

AccordDX86
12-16-2005, 03:35 PM
Rear does not work at all, not even one line, so I'll check fuses later. The heater core is only 50 bucks, but I cant imagine what labor would cost on that. Thanks guys.

-Brett