PDA

View Full Version : question about wiring harness

blazin3gen
12-17-2005, 01:39 PM
hey

how hard is it to take out and replace the wiring harness under the dash?

i need a new harness cuz the 3g wires that are in the car right now fucken melted an shit now the fucker wont start, heres why, well the former owner installed a push button started cuz he didnt have a key to the ignition so he bypassed it, well something went wrong and pretty much fucked up everything so i need a new harness,

i need help i need the harness so i can hook up the ignition again

blazin3gen
12-17-2005, 04:03 PM
bump ba bump

speedpenguin
12-17-2005, 10:41 PM
i don't know either, but i had to do some splicing to get my taillights to work, and cut my instrument lights from the circuit, so it's only a matter of time before i need to get into my dashboard harness, too.
maybe it's time for a project/how-to thread, whaddya think?

blazin3gen
12-20-2005, 07:14 PM
After doing the interior swap on my car, I found out that it's not as complex as it looks.

Go ahead and pull the dash off of the parts vehicle and look how it's laid out. Label things if you want.

Nothing can plug into anything else.

That's just what goes from the dash area.

Are you talking fusebox and up? If so, then you're looking at a few plugs here and there, then the wiring that goes out of it. That's not a big deal at all.

As far as the mains that go from the engine compartment to the inside firewall, I never replaced them. They shouldn't be that hard, aside from feeding through the rubber doughnut.

well heres my situation, well the former owner put a push starter on the car because he didnt have the key to the ignition so he bypassed it. well a litle while after i got the car the wires totally melted on me so the easiest thing to do is to get the stock harness with a key ignition so i can use the key ignition now, this has deffinately been a project i put the clutch in and drove it for like 1day i havent been able to enjoy it :(