PDA

View Full Version : Motor mount question

Tcoop1468
12-17-2005, 02:52 PM
I just bought 2 87 Accords, I was checking to see if the motor was locked up, I was turning the motor over by hand and noticed I could pick the motor up. Got to looking at it and noticed 2 bolts gone out of the mount that fits by the timing belt cover,and one nut off the mount down by the header. My question is..... Does the bracket coming off the motor by the timing cover suppose to be on top of the mount or on the bottom of the mount? Im new to the Honda scene so dont flame me to bad,lol.

DBMaster
12-17-2005, 05:07 PM
No flaming required. The motor mount goes ON TOP of the bracket on the engine.

Honda-Master
12-17-2005, 07:02 PM
why would u suspect motor was locked up ???? was car not starting?? not running ?? if it was,,,, then there is no reason to think that it was locked up .... Db is correct ,mount goes on top..look at the bracket carefully i have seen a few crack.. after car has been in frt end collision ,, loosen up the long bolt that goes through before you install the other 2 bolts it will make job easier

Tcoop1468
12-17-2005, 07:29 PM
why would u suspect motor was locked up ???? was car not starting?? not running ?? if it was,,,, then there is no reason to think that it was locked up .... Db is correct ,mount goes on top..look at the bracket carefully i have seen a few crack.. after car has been in frt end collision ,, loosen up the long bolt that goes through before you install the other 2 bolts it will make job easier

Both cars have been setting up for a year and the guy that had it had takin the carb off. He said it wont fire, he said it was running fine and one day he was coming home and it just died and wouldnt start back up. So I figured it might have been locked up due to not having a carb on it for so long. Its not locked up it turns over pretty easy.

Tcoop1468
12-17-2005, 07:38 PM
How can I tell what motor is in the car, Ive heard people on here talk about alot of different motors. All I can find is hhn2.0v2fef 119 c.i.......thats whats under the hood.

DBMaster
12-18-2005, 10:26 AM
A friend who owns an auto shop told me a long time ago that he used to see quite a few 3g Accords come in with the engine block tab cracked or totally broken. He said that there was a kit available to fix it though I have never seen what the kit looks like.

Soundy
12-18-2005, 12:00 PM
How can I tell what motor is in the car, Ive heard people on here talk about alot of different motors. All I can find is hhn2.0v2fef 119 c.i.......thats whats under the hood.

It will be stamped into the block - looking from the front of the car, it should be toward the upper-left, between the exhaust manifold and the transmission. There should be a flat smooth about the size of a business card-and-a-half, probably covered with goop; clean it off and find the engine model there :)

Tcoop1468
12-18-2005, 12:34 PM
It will be stamped into the block - looking from the front of the car, it should be toward the upper-left, between the exhaust manifold and the transmission. There should be a flat smooth about the size of a business card-and-a-half, probably covered with goop; clean it off and find the engine model there :)

Thanks, I'll go check it out. I got it running but its not running right. I can give it some gas and after I let off the gas it will race up for about ten seconds and then start idling back down. Im new to the import thing so Im just winging it , lol. And the brakes dont work and the power steering dont work so I still have alot to do to get it road ready.

Soundy
12-18-2005, 12:43 PM
Happy hacking :) The 3geez are great cars - I'm on my third one now, approaching 400,000 km on it, and running great.