PDA

View Full Version : strength of a 3 gee

mykwikcoupe
12-20-2005, 03:29 PM
so if anyone cares I wrecked my coupe like 6 months ago or so. I got tboned on a local hwy. speed limit is 50 and Im sure she was doing it. I got the impact rght in the drivers door no skid marks on the pavment

At the time im like damn, I just spent all weekend putting a sei interior in it. a 5 speed swap, sei rear conversion the works. I thought that was the worst of it.

So today Im swapping the interior into yet another coupe and Im thinking wow. I might have been luckier than I thought. Overall the car at its narrowest piont in 14 iches closer than stock. I had a really hard time getting the seats out, the driver door panel is just junked and some other pieces at that.

So i pull the rear seat and the weld that joinst the fender to the unibody is sompletely ripped about 12 inches or so. Folded in just mangled, The top of the cab has like a 3 inch crease in it and the door is literally just being held OUT byt the latch mechanism. I think if it would have been nay different I wouldnt be at least walking right now. I didnt even go see a doctor or anything come to think.

Well I thought i should share. Feeling a little hopeful here and Ill try to get pics if someone wants to hst. Ill try to figure out how to make them smaller if I can. Ive got a 5 meg camera and thats about how much I know with it. Mike

russiankid
12-20-2005, 04:07 PM
dam sounds pretty bad, did you get injured badly? glad you could pull some good things off it, sad to see it go, frame damage for sure

mykwikcoupe
12-20-2005, 06:11 PM
oh the chassis is rolled up on the side of the car. The center console is no more. The drivers seat frame is sideways from the original position. I walked away pretty soar limped for a day or so and the macho man in me took over.

HondaBoy
12-20-2005, 06:27 PM
sorry to hear about that. if i may ask, did you get to collect insurance money on that?

3G Jester
12-20-2005, 06:28 PM
mm email them to [email protected] and ill host em or get your own damn photobucket account.

russiankid
12-20-2005, 06:35 PM
oh the chassis is rolled up on the side of the car. The center console is no more. The drivers seat frame is sideways from the original position. I walked away pretty soar limped for a day or so and the macho man in me took over.
so obviously you wore seatbelts, good job,saves lives, and you got off pretty easily

mykwikcoupe
12-20-2005, 08:15 PM
yep seatbelts.

no funds my fault and only liability with underinsured motorists coverage

BITESIZE
12-20-2005, 09:09 PM
I remember when you did the 5 speed swap! You asked me about it, and I gave you some pointers. You should post some new pictures of your new and old car!

mykwikcoupe
12-20-2005, 09:23 PM
yeah ive done 2 since and am starting another tomorrow on the new coupe

Is pretty easy now. Im hoping to be done tomorrow night. Im not going to install the tranny and all since im putting the jdm b20a in just swapping in the cables, pedals, and all that jazz. thanks again for that. never did find out why my horn switch was on the cc buttons on the steering wheel but never looked either. guess Ill find out tomorrow when i take it out