PDA

View Full Version : new door question

ZackieDarko
12-20-2005, 08:47 PM
about 2 weeks ago some jerk offs tryed to break into my car while i was at work AND FAILED but they did manage to bust my door up pretty good

they took a crowbar to my door and broke it ...where the top half meets the bottom half of the door is busted they pulled the top half of the door back 7 or 8 inches from the car and i managed to bend it back alright but i need a new door (passenger side door in an 86 hatch)

my question is...will any door from a 3g fit my 86 hatch?

FyreDaug
12-20-2005, 08:49 PM
As long as its a hatchback, there didnt change any body "styles" from 86 - 89

ZackieDarko
12-20-2005, 09:12 PM
so the door from a coupe wouldnt work?

charlesb2003
12-27-2005, 02:19 PM
not sure on the coupe, but i think they're the same...

just make sure that you get one with the same seatbelt configuration. some of the hatches had the seatbelts mounted to the B pillars, while others had them mounted to the doors. they are not interchangable.

lostforawhile
12-27-2005, 04:09 PM
I have an lxi hatch door in my loft and it won't fit my 86 dx,already tried,it's an 89,the seatbelt mountings are totally different and it has the extra catch at the top. i think any of them that have the seatbelts atttached to the dors are different. have you tried a coupe door yet? it might fit keep me updated. if someone wanted to pay the truck freight you can have the 89 lxi door. it's a bare door,no internals or trim but i'll throw in two power window regulators if you want them.