PDA

View Full Version : Tranny fluid leak.

AccordDX86
12-21-2005, 06:00 PM
As some of you may know, I was having a bit of noise coming from the transmission of my recently aquired, '88 LX-i. Well, I had the tranny fluid changed, and sure enough, the noise vanished. I got to thinking, and figured that the car must be leaking the fluid if it hadnt made the noise, then suddenly started making the noise. Anyway, this morning, I got out to my car for school, and decided to look under it, to no surprise, TRANNY FLUID!!! It didnt look like a whole lot, but certainly a decent amount. On the way to my car, again, I looked under it, and this time, there was a lot of fluid. Any ideas as to what this could be? Are there any gaskets that may not be sealed properly? Just looking for some answers. Thanks guys.

-Brett

visionguru
12-21-2005, 06:15 PM
Did you check the fluid level?

Long time ago, when I changed the transmission fluid, I was experiencing the same thing. Later I realized that I may have overfilled. After a while, there was no leaks.

AccordDX86
12-21-2005, 06:22 PM
That certainly could be the case. Time will tell. I'll wait for the noise to come back, as I think that is the first sign of trouble. Just wanted to know what seals could go bad, and if its the hardest seal, what might I be looking at in labor costs? Thanks for a quick reply.

-Brett

Honda-Master
12-22-2005, 01:57 PM
lift car up and chk it.........axle seals, ? pressure ports bolt loose?? torque convertor seal ?? you need to clean up the area and run car to diagnose where it is leaking from