PDA

View Full Version : Rewiring?

AccordDX86
12-25-2005, 10:39 AM
Hey guys. I just got a CD player for my newly aquired '88 LX-i. The factory AM/FM wasnt making any sound, and I assumed it was just the radio itself. Turns out that the CD player also doesnt produce sound. I have power, but zero sound from any of the four speakers. Does this sound like it needs to be rewired, or can something else be the problem? Thanks.

-Brett

russiankid
12-25-2005, 01:02 PM
have you checked the speakers? maybe the speakers are toasted

lostforawhile
12-25-2005, 01:58 PM
yea i think he's right,the odds of the factory wiring being bad on al four speakers isn't very high. have you checked to see if there are speakers there?

AccordDX86
12-25-2005, 02:43 PM
All four speakers? The left wheel well was shot, so the previous owner cut the metal out, and rewelded the metal in, to prevent a fire, he took the car apart, and I have a feeling he just slopped it back together. I doubt that all four speakers are shot. I think its probably the wiring itself.

russiankid
12-25-2005, 03:03 PM
do yourself a favor and check all the speakers, it could be a posibility the previous owner either didnt even connect the speakers, or connected them but after a few days of driving the connecters came undone because they were put on incorrectly

AccordDX86
12-25-2005, 04:37 PM
Thank you very much Sam. Turns out you were right, and the car does not have any speakers. haha. Tomorrow, I'll go to the local JY, and pull some speakers and other assorted things. Thanks again.

-Brett

lostforawhile
12-25-2005, 06:58 PM
Thank you very much Sam. Turns out you were right, and the car does not have any speakers. haha. Tomorrow, I'll go to the local JY, and pull some speakers and other assorted things. Thanks again.
-Brett
thats what i said. :bowrofl: he probably took them with him when he sold the car.

russiankid
12-25-2005, 07:37 PM
thats what i said. :bowrofl: he probably took them with him when he sold the car.
hey u gotta keep some memory of the car, he prob had good times with those speakers,lol, and NP

AccordDX86
12-26-2005, 05:14 AM
hahaha. Sorry Tim. And, thanks very much!

-Brett

lostforawhile
12-26-2005, 09:15 AM
yea there have been several people on here pulling their hair out trying to fix their speakers,only to find they didn't have any. hope you get it fixed. :)

AccordDX86
12-26-2005, 11:59 AM
I just installed four new 3 ways, and rewired the rear speakers, and put a new deck in. hahaha. Next time, i'll make sure I have speakers! Thanks guys.