PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Stock/OEM springs

jko
12-25-2005, 05:23 PM
Hi,
Do you know what stock replacement springs are available for 3rd generation accords and where they can be bought?
I need to replace springs and struts in my accord since the suspension feels very soft and bouncy, especially the rear one (the car has 196000kms/122000miles and neither the springs nor the struts were ever replaced). I don't want to do any lowering. For now the only stock replacement springs I found are the "Osaka bane" springs, but the e-stores only seem to have them for the front suspension, not for the rear. I'll get the tokico hp struts to go with the new springs.
My accord is the 1988 european accord (2.0i16v 137hp B20A2 engine). I have no idea if the extra power came with a stiffer suspension or not, so I don't exactly know how stiff the replacement springs should be.
Any help will be appreciated!

AZmike
12-27-2005, 06:45 PM
The damper (shock) is what removes the bounce from a car's ride. Your springs are probably fine. A quick inspection is all it will take to be sure. Replacing only your shocks should solve the problem.

white ricer
12-27-2005, 09:12 PM
Your best bet would be a honda dealership.. I dont know how frequent those are in europe :dunno: check ebay or the market place here

Oldblueaccord
12-29-2005, 11:37 AM
rockauto.com list them. I dunno if they ship overseas.

wp