PDA

View Full Version : Some Modding

Beaver
12-28-2005, 12:44 AM
Hmm... today I snagged an air box from an 90 honda civic for 20 bux (and a new right side turn signal housing because I screwed one of mine up trying to make clears). I have researched the airbox mod to death it seems like, the vaccum lines and sensors or whatnot still confuse me, but I think I will figure it out eventually. I was wondering what final diameter the hole should be that is cut in the bottom, (I am mainly going off mindlos's directions, since his seemed the most clear). I gathered that the wire mesh screen (from the original aircleaner) actually is what holds the box on, but I am still unsure where to get vaccum line "plugs" and something to create a seal/gasquet below the screen and the box itself. Any input would be appreciated, Thanks guys :)

Beaver
12-28-2005, 09:55 PM
Well, since no one seems to have any sort of measurements I think I'll just hacksaw and eyeball it and finish up with some sandpaper. I am probably going to go with a civic CAI because it's cheap and it seems like I will have to do the least amount of cutting/moving things.